PDA

View Full Version : Foam Speaker Baffles

Chris02NeonSXT
01-16-2005, 06:42 PM
This past sunday and today I was working on deadening my doors. Last week I did the passenger door, today I did the driver door. Both times I noticed there was a little bit of condensation/water on the backs of my speakers, and inside the door. There were no puddles/small ponds etc, in the door, just what seemed to be a little more then condesation. Should I be concerned about this, and should I install some of those foam baffles? If installed, would they affect the performance of my braxials?

Thanks,
Chris

ANeonRider
01-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Don't use them, they like to make bad sounds. Make sure the grommet on the door jamb is sealed good, and don't bother with the baffles.

desi_daru
01-16-2005, 06:54 PM
i installed them on mine and there perfectly fine, i installed same reason u jus described because of the condensation in the door

cjj2d
01-16-2005, 07:13 PM
I did a test with them. Installed one on one door and not on the other. The result the one with the foam protector kept my driver dry and the mdf ring I made for mounting the driver. The door without the foam protector showed that the mdf ring got water damage and the back of the previous driver got wet.

So I put the other one in the other door and they work just fine. Keep the speaker from getting wet just like they say. And I found NO audible difference. As long as they are installed good and sealed to the door and speaker.