PDA

View Full Version : midrange and mid bass placement....

cjj2d
01-15-2005, 11:13 AM
I am about to attempt my first set of kick panels. I am also going to be getting a 6.5 mid bass driver to add to my front comps. It will most likely be the RE XXX 6.5, or possibly a Koda (not totaly decided on the midbass yet). But my question is should I drop the 5.25 Hex driver in the kick panel and the 6.5 midbass driver in the door or vice versa. Thanks.

Raven
01-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Well, since it is more difficult to determine what direction bass is coming from, opposed to higher frequencies, I'd say midbass in the doors, and midrange / tweeters in kick panels.

cjj2d
01-15-2005, 11:18 AM
I am probably going to leave the tweeter where it is at. I know the imaging is not the best in factory positions but for now I am gonna leave it there. If I think it is way off when I am done I will redo some panels for both the tweet and midrange. and to save a little room.

Raven
01-15-2005, 11:24 AM
I'd say build a tweet mount in the kickpanel right off the bat. Just a little spot that could be drilled out if you're not happy with the tweets where they are. Unless you like fiberglassing this might save some hassle later on. I really don't know. I can't put kick panels in my car, water just LOVES to get right where a speaker would be.

cjj2d
01-15-2005, 11:47 AM
water getting to where your kick panels are????

you are right I think I will make enough room for the tweets just in case. It will save money on building a second set.

Raven
01-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Good call.

Yes, since I live in a specific part of Michigan where the weather can change in literally 10 minutes, I have to take that in mind doing kick panels. Whenever it snows, it gets on my shoes, and on my kick panels.

cjj2d
01-15-2005, 12:51 PM
yikes, I live in TN and luckily we only have to worry about the rain most of the time. Maybe once a year we get a little snow, not enough to count inches though.