PDA

View Full Version : need help regarding speakers

awinter
01-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Currently I have bose speakers that came with my car as an upgraded sound package. I would like to achieve solid mid bass and relatively good SQ. I know a relatively good amount about subs but know very little about speakers. Can anyone help me choose some midbass speakers to go in my doors. I think I have 6 1/2" in the doors to work with and about a 300 dollar price range but that is relatively flexible. Let the suggestions begin.....

Raven
01-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Rainbow Soundline
Rainbow Dreamline
RE RE
MB Quarts
Oz Vector
Oz Matrix
DLS
CDT

There are a great many. My sugguestion would be to get the RE 6.5"s, then buy the 1 inch silk dome tweets DesertHeat is selling in the classifieds. Use the tweets to replace the RE ones (Which every says are lacking) and you would have a very nice hybrid comp set for $170.

cjj2d
01-15-2005, 10:52 AM
with my experience it is hard to find a "perfect match" between tweet and midbass in a comp set. One will always be better than the other in their performance. Or it may just be me that I have yet to find a pair.

I have a set of Diamond Audio Hex and absolutely love them. They are only lacking on midbass do to me screwing up and ordering the 5.25 set and not the 6.5. The 6.5 set has a much better midbass output. And you can get either silk or aluminum tweets depending on you preferance. They will run a little more than the $300 you are looking at though. Got mine from dynamicautosound off ebay for I think was $340 shipped. Also had them replaced under warranty through them and got a brand new set cause one of the crossovers crapped out on me. So the customer service is real good.