PDA

View Full Version : amp on but no CD player

BigPimpin18
01-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Ok today I was installing aftermarket speakers in my sisters kia sportage. I ran the power wire for the amp fine. she already had a sub amp that I spliced the REM wire for both amps. Ran the RCA's and than I turned everything on, but the CD player, and outboard clock wont turn on. I checked the fuses those are fine. all the connections are fine. I just don't know what else could be wrong. Please help.

audiolife
01-15-2005, 01:44 AM
if u unhook one of the amps from the the deck (the remote wire) will it kick back on?

hybridracer
01-15-2005, 03:24 AM
does it have motorized antenna?

KaeZoo
01-15-2005, 11:10 AM
Ok today I was installing aftermarket speakers in my sisters kia sportage. I ran the power wire for the amp fine. she already had a sub amp that I spliced the REM wire for both amps. Ran the RCA's and than I turned everything on, but the CD player, and outboard clock wont turn on. I checked the fuses those are fine. all the connections are fine. I just don't know what else could be wrong. Please help.

Check the fuses again. Check every fuse, not just the radio fuse; don't forget the fuse box under the hood. I'd be willing to bet you have a blown constant fuse, and it may not be labelled as a radio fuse.

jtomsic
01-15-2005, 01:44 PM
u have the amp hooked to the atenna wire put it on the remote turn on wire. the amp will only work when ur on radio mode if u hook it to that wire, if u put it on the remote turn on it'll work on both.