PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP: carpet dyeing

rocktonic13
01-13-2005, 04:54 PM
spent about a week trying to find carpet for the false floor im putting in and couldnt find anything local, so i ordered from sounddomain..... car is kinda a tanish color, and since its in an explorer the backs of the seats are a tanish color carpet.... well the carpet i ordered from sounddomain is just too far off on the color, i knew it wasnt going to be perfect but its too far off, so i was wondering if it would be possible to dye it instead of having to send it back to them and guess at another color which is just going to cost me like another 20 bucks in shipping charges.... i have heard of this before but wondering if anyone had any suggestions? is it a complete mess or is it fairly easy to do? also where could i find the dye? thanks

joeldirt
01-14-2005, 07:27 AM
well, I am not too sure if you can die it if the color you got is a darker color then what your interior is. I think the color that you are looking for is doe skin. I did a carpeted enclosure for an explorer and the color matched just right. it was doe skin. not sure if I am any help at all. I know nothing about the dyeing part, but if you find some carpet with the color doe skin and it looks close, go for it.