PDA

View Full Version : some stretchy carpet

req
01-13-2005, 03:51 PM
i know i saw a link round here one day, but i cant seem to find it.

does anyone know of a good (and inexpensive) source for stretchy carpet for a fiberglass box im making? preferably in a range of color\grey?

DFW40
01-13-2005, 04:41 PM
parts express has some good stuff....just got it in the mail yesterday.
crutchfield as well

Nikuk
01-13-2005, 04:44 PM
stop by a local car audio shop.

Gauntlet
01-13-2005, 05:09 PM
The carpet from www.selectproducts.com is very thin and strechy.

Mark_ab
01-13-2005, 07:35 PM
I usually use a spandex backed carpet/micro fleece. I could probably cover a sphere without a seam with that stuff.

Mark_ab
01-13-2005, 07:36 PM
I usually use a spandex backed carpet/micro fleece. I could probably cover a sphere without a seam with that stuff.

Why don't you answer his bloody question instead of just talking up your sphere wrapping skills? Loser.

Mark_ab
01-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Why don't you answer his bloody question instead of just talking up your sphere wrapping skills? Loser.

Fine jackass.
I got my fabric at Fanny's Fabrics.

Nikuk
01-13-2005, 07:42 PM
:wow:

**** or not... I do not believe that you are allowed to say the word spandex.

Ever.

req
01-13-2005, 11:54 PM
The carpet from www.selectproducts.com is very thin and strechy.

thanks. exactally what i was looking for.

all the auto shops around here sell the thick and non-stretchy box carpet. similar to the stuff sold at pepboys. that wont work in my situation. thanks though.

chevy6998
01-14-2005, 12:02 AM
thanks. exactally what i was looking for.

all the auto shops around here sell the thick and non-stretchy box carpet. similar to the stuff sold at pepboys. that wont work in my situation. thanks though.

anyone ever ventured into tweed? and sculpting foam? strecthy and you use the foam as base to great depth and 3-d objects like logos, IMO carpet looks gay, I think that there are finer finishes, its not like your feet are resting on it, ppl spend all this time crunching numbers and building stuff and then cover it in cheap ploy knit crap!!!