PDA

View Full Version : Problems with XM

Bigrick31
01-12-2005, 12:48 PM
OK so i buy a pioneer 9400 and a gex Fm model brain from ebay about 2 months ago. well i wire everything up in my gf car (was a birthday present for her) the HU works great however the xm isn't working right. i put it on ch 000 which is the radio ID and no ID comes up just displays the RADIO ID then no id. then i put it on ch 001 which should be the preview channel and all i get is LOADING on the display. i tried activating the unit and let the car sit on for a few hours come out and still nothing. so i take my car by my local shop and have them double check my work they say everything looks great. so then i call pioneer and they say the xm brain must be bad. so since the seller i got it from assured me it was in perfect working order when he shipped it we filed a ups claim and i got $50 for the unit. then i go to ebay and buy a gex-901 model brain the seller again says i am using this until i ship it out and its all working etc....etc... so i hook it up and go through the same thing. no id and no preview try activating the brain what a few hours and nothing. so i have a friend who has the same gex901 brain and his works was using it that day so we unplug it and hook it up to mine. SAME EXACT THING i get no id and no preview. the only difference is that he uses a pioneer 550 HU and my gf has a 9400. Ive checked my wiring and fuses. when the brain has no power you cant select xm from HU so i know it has power. Ive tried resetting it. and get nothing. is there some kind of incompatibility with the 9400 and a gex model xm brain. or does anyone have any suggestion or thoughts. this is starting to really bug me. :pissed:

Bigrick31
01-12-2005, 02:53 PM
anyone? just start throwing out ideas

Bigrick31
01-12-2005, 04:24 PM
HELP! I need somebody

Bigrick31
01-20-2005, 01:19 PM
ok so the other day I took a firneds working xm brain we pluged it into the car and the same thing happens. anyone know what is going on.

Vestax
01-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Check the antenna. Swap out the antenna's and see if you're getting reception. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes for XM to load up on your tuner.

Bigrick31
01-20-2005, 01:38 PM
i tried the antenna with mine but not my friends ill give it a shot.

Bigrick31
01-24-2005, 03:39 PM

Bigrick31
01-24-2005, 03:40 PM
tried antenna didnt work. gunna switch out HUs tonight