PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Gold Elite or DLS Iridium 6.2

johan184
01-10-2005, 02:58 AM
Still trying to choose from these two speakers systems. Anyone that knows whats differs them? Playing mostly Heavy Metal, or something with a realy bounce bass with alot of kick in in :) Should add tjat the DLS system cost for me 130 Bucks more then phoenix.

chevy6998
01-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Still trying to choose from these two speakers systems. Anyone that knows whats differs them? Playing mostly Heavy Metal, or something with a realy bounce bass with alot of kick in in :) Should add tjat the DLS system cost for me 130 Bucks more then phoenix.
Id go phoenix, the elites are nice

johan184
01-11-2005, 05:45 AM
Id go phoenix, the elites are nice

yeah, I have got the impresion that they are very good speakers, I have seen that you can get them for around 300-350$ from usa, and that is not so much money for a top serie.....

IHFJ05
01-11-2005, 05:54 AM
i dont know those dls are pretty nice- those pg's need a crap load of power. i listen to metal too heres some recommendations from the pros.

1.dls iridium
2.arc acs
3.seas lotus
4.dynaaudio
5.image dynamic cesx6.5
6.cdt

this is for metal-i have idq8's- i think im gonna run with those because i have a problem finding a complete component system that is suited for me. i really like those seas lotus-exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxssssssssppppensssive!!!!

johan184
01-11-2005, 10:49 AM
i dont know those dls are pretty nice- those pg's need a crap load of power. i listen to metal too heres some recommendations from the pros.

1.dls iridium
2.arc acs
3.seas lotus
4.dynaaudio
5.image dynamic cesx6.5
6.cdt

this is for metal-i have idq8's- i think im gonna run with those because i have a problem finding a complete component system that is suited for me. i really like those seas lotus-exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxssssssssppppensssive!!!!

ok, I havent really thought about the amount of power I will need :). I dont have alot of money at the moment either so that might be good to know.

If its matter I dont antend to have any subs in the car, becouse this is my daily drive car so I need some space in it, and I am lazy aswell, I just want to be able to listen to some loud metal. I have a total budget of 1000$ so if I take the iridium I will have 400$ left for either a good HU or a good amp, and I will proplebly get a new flashy HU becouse of my lazyness :)

The thing that bugs me most are that here in sweden the Phoenix Elite are more expensive then the DLS. Think Phoenix cost around 1000-1200$ and DLS around 800$ and in usa the DLS speakers are the most expensive ones...hehe :)

I am also trying to save up for a trans am >98 so every penning I spends hurts :driving:

3.5Max6spd
01-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Well how much power you have on tap, or plan to- should be a guide to which set to choose from- All sets listed would perform well with appropriate power

For instance dont chose the PG Elites, Boston Pro's or CDT Euros...for example.... if you dont have 200rms to give'm per side, you will not be doing the mids justice. Also take into account the PG Elite mids have not so great results in a door location, they perform better in sealed kicks or mini enclosure

In the range 80-120rms you can get exellent all-around results using sets from Rainbow, Arc ACS, DynAudio, DLS, OZ......fox example

johan184
01-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Well how much power you have on tap, or plan to- should be a guide to which set to choose from- All sets listed would perform well with appropriate power

For instance dont chose the PG Elites, Boston Pro's or CDT Euros...for example.... if you dont have 200rms to give'm per side, you will not be doing the mids justice. Also take into account the PG Elite mids have not so great results in a door location, they perform better in sealed kicks or mini enclosure

In the range 80-120rms you can get exellent all-around results using sets from Rainbow, Arc ACS, DynAudio, DLS, OZ......fox example

ok, thanks for all the help from averyone...

If the PG Elite dont perform well in the side doors that could be a decisive thing becouse I at the moment dont have any time to build any kicks. If I would get a 2-channel amp instead of a HU it would be priced around 200-250$. Was surfing on ebay before and saw this awsome amp (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18796&item=5742988980&tc=photo)

I dont know anything about it buts it was one of the most coolest looking amps I have seen :), But this is the a speaker thread so I will leave that subject for now.

But the DLS speakers works well in the doors panels ?

If its matters I could almost get the PG Elite + a 200$ amp fir the same price at the DLS Diridium set alone...