PDA

View Full Version : box for friend

jtomsic
01-07-2005, 08:18 PM
i need to fit 3 12s into a box that can be 30in wide, 20 in deep, and 16 high .... needs to be sealed... subs can be mounted crx style mounted on top of box..... whoever helps me gets a cookie. box needs to be 3cu ft.

jtomsic
01-07-2005, 08:58 PM
nobody? :(

tommyk90
01-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Hmm, thats a toughy especially if you want all the subs to have the same airspace. You could always mount two subs facing forwards and one subs facing up, but i don't know if that will have an adverse effect on how the subs will sound. :confused:

jtomsic
01-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Hmm, thats a toughy especially if you want all the subs to have the same airspace. You could always mount two subs facing forwards and one subs facing up, but i don't know if that will have an adverse effect on how the subs will sound. :confused:
i thought of that..im going to share airspace i think. i dont know how it would sound with two firing back and one firing up..

tommyk90
01-07-2005, 09:43 PM
i thought of that..im going to share airspace i think. i dont know how it would sound with two firing back and one firing up..

That would simplify things up ALOT......

Actually, i just thought of something. Make the box angled so you can fit all three subs facing forwards like this..

\_/ (view if you were looking down on the top of the box)

I'm not sure if you could get that with the dimensions you have, but its another idea.

jtomsic
01-07-2005, 09:51 PM
That would simplify things up ALOT......

Actually, i just thought of something. Make the box angled so you can fit all three subs facing forwards like this..

\_/ (view if you were looking down on the top of the box)

I'm not sure if you could get that with the dimensions you have, but its another idea.yea im doing it for free i dont really wanna get into miter cuts to angel the subs and stuff.. wanna build a square box quick. lol.. im gonna mount them 2 firing forward one up.. i dont think it'll sound bad..i guess we'll find out :)

Puggsley456
01-08-2005, 12:58 AM
What size of mounting holes do you need? I wonder If you could fit three in a triangle style layout on the top.

Is that 30 inches outside or inside length?

bcarpenterfhl
01-08-2005, 01:50 PM
post pics when youre done and tell us how it sounds

jtomsic
01-08-2005, 03:26 PM
outside length.. box is about done.. waiting to see if he wants to carpet or paint it to see how much sanding i could do.

jtomsic
01-11-2005, 06:25 PM
im gonna take some pics of this kids box/install i did for him, i ended up firing two subs towards taillights and one sub into the car itself. pretty loud for being cheap rf subs, the box made a huge difference than what he had before.

InhumanAcura
01-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Your going to get cancellation if you mount the subs on different plains like that...A crx style does not mean subs up BTW...

Moe Lester
01-11-2005, 09:03 PM
build the box so its 30x20 on top, and stagger the subs. they will fit if you stagger them. build it however tall you need for the airspace the subs need.