PDA

View Full Version : Best 6.5" setup for bass without sub?

jakiman
01-07-2005, 07:22 AM
My budget is $500 for a new HU and a set of 6.5" speakers. (maybe even a 2ch amp)

What do you advise I should do? (Can't afford to get a sub put in.)

Don't tell me to save up and buy alpines........ (hehe)

Would a good set of components provide punchy bass and smooth lows..
(no need for gut wrenching bass but tight and good SQ bass if possible)

supa_c
01-07-2005, 07:44 AM
For $500 you can get a whole stereo

Raven
01-07-2005, 10:08 AM
^x2. If you really want to spend $500 on your entire system, you could pretty much get everything: hu, comps, rear fill, comp amp, sub amp, and sub(s).

mrray13
01-07-2005, 10:20 AM
For $500 you can get a whole stereo

^x2. If you really want to spend $500 on your entire system, you could pretty much get everything: hu, comps, rear fill, comp amp, sub amp, and sub(s).

well, don't just tease the guy...give him links so he can start building... :smash:

jakiman.....there are tons of componets out there tha will do the trick, some better then others...re,cdt,diamond,rainbow,dsl,memphis just to name some off the top of my head.

all of those will do what ur asking, but they might need some help. building a small enclosure for the mid will strengthen the lowend...if that's not possible, sound deadening the door will almost accomplish the same thing.

$500 isn't alot, but it will get ya started......i wanna see supa and raven build ya a system for $500 shipped.....not that they can't, but i wanna see it :veryexci:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee :peace:

squeak9798
01-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Does your car have a factory CD player?