View Full Version : Please, Help Quick! MB Quart PCE-216 or Diamond Audio S600s?

01-06-2005, 10:45 PM
I have the MB Quart PCE-216 on order and they wont ship until Monday.

Here are the PCE-216 for $279

Here are the Diamond Audio S600s for $329

Please help, what would you do? I have up to 200W RMS available for each side. I just STILL cannot decide. I am at my wits end. I know the MBQ's are probably nice speakers and are well-reviewed...but would the S600s be better? I just have no clue and I need to decide tonight.

Thanks for your input!

01-07-2005, 12:23 AM
What type of music do you listen to? I haven heard a few sets of MBQs. To me they generally seem to be focused on highs. They are still a very good speakers, but it depends on the preference of your ear. MBQs hit cymbals and snare quite well, but are not as focused on vocals. I would assume the install could effect all of this. Or the vehicle that I listened to this in. Will these be installed on axis or off axis? off axis = door mounted and on axis = kick panels.

There are other speakers that exhibit a better "natural" sound, meaning, a flatter frequency response. I would put the diamonds in this field. Other speakers I have used are CDT and DLS. I currently have DLS and think they are an excellent speaker focused on vocals and midrange. Focal(s) are, from my experience which is only in a review (not be ear) forum tend to be in the MBQ realm with sharper highs. If you listen to rock / jazz / classical I would personally go with a soft [silk dome] speaker or similiar.

It all comes down to what you prefer. What ever you end up with you could always get a EQ and +/- the annoyances. AudioSource makes some excellent EQ/Crossovers.

01-08-2005, 04:18 AM
Between those choices Only...I would definately have to say the DAs. Although just so you know...that site or any others are dealers for DA.....Just prepared to have zero warranty.

BTW..DA is Very aware of onlinecarstereo, they just dont know where they are getting it from. Food for thought.