PDA

View Full Version : Please, Help Quick! MB Quart PCE-216 or Diamond Audio S600s?

Getwild2
01-06-2005, 10:45 PM
I have the MB Quart PCE-216 on order and they wont ship until Monday.

Here are the PCE-216 for $279
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13544

Here are the Diamond Audio S600s for $329
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=11755

Please help, what would you do? I have up to 200W RMS available for each side. I just STILL cannot decide. I am at my wits end. I know the MBQ's are probably nice speakers and are well-reviewed...but would the S600s be better? I just have no clue and I need to decide tonight.

Thanks for your input!

dflock
01-07-2005, 12:23 AM
What type of music do you listen to? I haven heard a few sets of MBQs. To me they generally seem to be focused on highs. They are still a very good speakers, but it depends on the preference of your ear. MBQs hit cymbals and snare quite well, but are not as focused on vocals. I would assume the install could effect all of this. Or the vehicle that I listened to this in. Will these be installed on axis or off axis? off axis = door mounted and on axis = kick panels.

There are other speakers that exhibit a better "natural" sound, meaning, a flatter frequency response. I would put the diamonds in this field. Other speakers I have used are CDT and DLS. I currently have DLS and think they are an excellent speaker focused on vocals and midrange. Focal(s) are, from my experience which is only in a review (not be ear) forum tend to be in the MBQ realm with sharper highs. If you listen to rock / jazz / classical I would personally go with a soft [silk dome] speaker or similiar.

It all comes down to what you prefer. What ever you end up with you could always get a EQ and +/- the annoyances. AudioSource makes some excellent EQ/Crossovers.

6spdcoupe
01-08-2005, 04:18 AM
Between those choices Only...I would definately have to say the DAs. Although just so you know...that site or any others are dealers for DA.....Just prepared to have zero warranty.

--Don

BTW..DA is Very aware of onlinecarstereo, they just dont know where they are getting it from. Food for thought.