PDA

View Full Version : need sum advice

punkdrummer951
01-06-2005, 08:47 PM
need help, whats diff between a sub and compenents, what do they do, what do tweeters do, i got about $1500 to spend on whole system any suggestions on what all to get , pushing in a tiburon, any help thx.

mjbailey21
01-06-2005, 08:51 PM
They help provide better sound.

iceteebone
01-06-2005, 09:01 PM
well here are some basics. a sub is what makes a system go boom like so. common sizes are 10", 12", 15" it's the big speaker you throw in a box and put in your trunk. components are where you have a midrange speaker (looks like a little subwoofer) tweeter, and crossover. the main leads from headunit/amp go into the crossover and then you have outputs for your tweeter and midrange. a tweeter is like 1" circular speaker that only plays highs. i don't know if this was too basic for you, but you should research this stuff before spending $1500.

Raven
01-06-2005, 09:02 PM
^Beat me to it.

Here's what little I know about speakers.

Coaxial: This is your "normal" speaker. It's got a big speaker, and on top of that, you have a small speaker. You find these at Walmart, Best Buy, and Circuit City.

Component Speaker(s): Think of this as a seperated coaxial. The big speaker is seperate from the little speaker, and inbetween there is a little box to send the right signal to the right speaker. These are less efficient than coaxials, and harder to set up. The benefit is they sound a lot better than coaxials.

Subwoofer: Big speaker. Usually from 8 inches in diameter to 18 for using in vehicles. Handles bass.

If you have $1500 to spend, hit up everyone on the forum, they seem to like sugguestion things.
HU / Comps / comp amp / rear fill / sub amp / subwoofer, in respective order.
Pioneer / DLS / JBL / JVC Bronzie / Directed / Shiva

HeavyChevy
01-06-2005, 09:19 PM
You made 3 seperate threads asking the same question. All you need is one man.

audiolife
01-07-2005, 03:00 AM
subs make bass 100hz and under usually mids 6.5"-4" produce mid range 100-5k-voices generally tweeter 2"- .5" produce highs 2k-20k sounds of symbols and such. for 1500 you have to decide on what you want it to do. like go booom boom or just sound really good. whatever you do though its a good idea to balance it between the subs and the rest of the system. personally it would get a good set of components $140-200 a good head unit $250 1 or 2 amps $400-500 a good sub or subs $200-300 and spend the rest on a better than thrown in install.