PDA

View Full Version : Choosing comps to match sub?

amedeuce
01-06-2005, 08:46 PM
I’m about to receive a 12” magnum claw.
It’s going into a ford f150 supercrew.
The mag will be in a sealed enclosure due to space limitations.
The mag will be receiving 900 watts.
I’ve been looking at a lot of different component sets to compliment the mag. (6.5’s)
The comps will be pushed by a 75 watts per channel amp.
I will only be using the comps, as I have no use for rear fill any more.
Here are some of the comp sets I’ve been looking into.
Which one of these would compliment the mag, or give some recommendations on others I didn’t list.
Not wanting to spend over 200 or change amp. In no particular order….

Rainbow dreamline series SLX 265.02 60 rms

DLS PS6 60RMS
DLS R6A 80RMS

RE REcomps RMS???

CDT Audio CL-61A
CDT Audio CL-61T
CDT Audio CL-62

Orion P6.2

I have not heard the DLS or the RE’s or all of the CDT models. I’m going off what I’ve read on the forum.
I’m looking for good midbass and not such harsh tweets (aren’t we all)
I’m gonna guess from my list that DLS wins, with RE’s in close second?

ngsm13
01-06-2005, 09:39 PM
From what i've heard, the DLS's should prolly edge out...they should shine especially considering the power you're sending them (they're very efficient). peace

NG

edit:

PS: Keep your sub, love your sub! I had two 12" magnum claw baskets...and sold them like a dummy...easily the best subs i've ever owned! You'll love it!

justsayk
01-07-2005, 01:22 AM
I have some R6A's on the way. I chose them because everything i have found about DLS is good, and they are supposed to have good midbass. They are also probably the most expensive out of the ones on your list. djdilliodon told me a couple of days ago that he isn't going to carry DLS anymore because he likes CDT's much better. You could look into the CDT EF series because they should also be 200 or less.

audiolife
01-07-2005, 02:51 AM
id go id csx 62 mount them in kickpanels as a coax that is if your amp is 2 ohm stable.