PDA

View Full Version : Comps & Coaxials, Or 2 Comps?

Jonahdude
01-05-2005, 01:06 AM
Which do you guys think would be a better setup? A pair of really good components in the front with higher-end coaxials for rear fill, or two pairs of decent components? I've listened to many setups and I've decided I want rear fill, so don't try to talk me out of it. :p:

squeak9798
01-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Components in front and co-axials in the rear. If you must have rear-fill, don't waste your money on a comp set for back there.....simply not worth the $$. Just get a decent ~$50 co-axial from a local shop or BB/CC.

But remember.....just because you've listened to a lot of stereos, it doesn't mean you've listen to good or properly setup stereos ;) Quality > Quantity

preunnerv6
01-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Which do you guys think would be a better setup? A pair of really good components in the front with higher-end coaxials for rear fill, or two pairs of decent components? I've listened to many setups and I've decided I want rear fill, so don't try to talk me out of it. :p:

Perhaps another option? How about some really, really good components in front and just good coaxials in the rear (instead of higher-end). Both CDT and Crystal make some good coaxials that are relatively inexpensive.

Jonahdude
01-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Perhaps another option? How about some really, really good components in front and just good coaxials in the rear (instead of higher-end). Both CDT and Crystal make some good coaxials that are relatively inexpensive.

That's pretty much what I meant by the first option, I don't plan on spending more than $50 or $60 for the rear coaxials if I do that.

justsayk
01-05-2005, 06:11 PM
i say just leave in whatever speakers you already have back there and run them off the HU. Put it all into comps and amp.

Raven
01-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Comps and coaxials, no doubt. Unless you're planning on driving around SQueerish people who like to sit in the back seats all day, 2 comp sets would be pretty useless.

Jonahdude
01-06-2005, 08:31 PM
i say just leave in whatever speakers you already have back there and run them off the HU. Put it all into comps and amp.

This setup is going to be for another car.

justsayk
01-07-2005, 01:34 AM
If the stock rears are decent you could just use those. Another thing that you might think about is just getting mids for the rear and no tweets back there.