PDA

View Full Version : 30hz, 36hz or 45hz? which would you pick and why?

nikosbuddy
01-04-2005, 05:09 PM
which would you pick?, why, and whats the difference in your opinion...let me know
Mike
Specs for 2 12"s in a ported box...just wondering what others prefer and why>?

gunny86
01-04-2005, 05:24 PM
it all really depends on what you want to do with it, if your going to be going to spl comps then a higher tuning, among other things, is going to make it louder louder in general but you will loose alot of low end and SQ. For your options in a daily driver i would consider it as this 30hz - good SQ with descent SPL, 36hz - a mix of both SQ and SPL( still a little high for my taste), and 45HZ and up for SPL only almost.

I would consider going with somthing like 33-35hz, i have had very good luck with that with that in the past, and for daily driving as a general rule of thumb for me i never tune above 35hz( still a little high for my taste).

alot of it is personal preference but i would consider going with somthing like 30-33hz for good response and still good spl.

negativezeroz
01-04-2005, 05:26 PM
my 2.25 is tuned at 28Hz and i love it :) i love the low lows it still gets loud enough for me but not as loud as I know it could get if i tuned higher but id lose all/mostly all the SQ

nikosbuddy
01-04-2005, 05:44 PM
yeah, im thinking about that, i love lows were you can actually fell it but with spl, i know thats loudness but does that just make it loud but no rumble in the bass or what, i want something were you can feel it in the car, im going to be using 2 12" hx2s, with a bx1500d amp....not bad setup just want it to get really loud but feel it were i can feel the air in the car, i love that :), just wasnt sure...sound quality hmmm...im fine with loosing some of that but i like it to sound decent will it just sound like peopel tryin to get out of my trunk with hi tunes or what would you suggest..i cant wait to put it all in, but those are my box choices...but basically i love the lows, im not worried about hearing it a mile away, but i want the car next to me to feel it i love the deep car shaking bass were i can get outta the car and still feel it...suggestions ?
Mike

JimJ
01-04-2005, 06:07 PM
I would tune as low as possible...but that's just IMO :)

best sound quality, very little sacrifice in output...

supa_c
01-04-2005, 06:14 PM
10hz baby !
Actually, i like the low tuning myself also.
I usually do around 30-34 ( diff subs).
Id like a port plug with 27HZ and 45HZ, just incase someone has a big mouth ;)

nikosbuddy
01-04-2005, 06:48 PM
id love to do that, people out here run there mouth like its there job....all about caps, and low end audiobahn....but yeah, so tuning to 45 makes it just loud were you can hear it far away, and just get crazy loud, but not deep were you can feel it or what?

iamamp3pimp
01-04-2005, 09:06 PM
youll feel it no matter what. but for what it seems like you want, go low as stated above.

nikosbuddy
01-04-2005, 09:38 PM
thank ya fellas, jmac built me a box specs im gonna have my freinds build it for me and ill have pics as soon as its done :) thanks for all your help!
Mike