PDA

View Full Version : HU keys

Crashking
01-03-2005, 11:41 PM
hopefully ya'll know what i'm talkin about... if not it's the little metal things that slide into the side of the hu to release it from inside the dash...

anyways i seem to have misplaced mine (they weren't in the component boxes, the HU box or with the instructions... have to hunt more when i have a bit more time) i was wondering how i would go about getting another set... or if best buy or circuit city would be able to pop my head unit out for me, or do i have to contact sony (sony cdx m800 hu) and order another set?
or is there a site that i can order them from?

reason being i will be installing an amp and sub soon... once i get the mdf and tweed

jtomsic
01-04-2005, 11:02 AM
what kind of car is it that u need keys? ford?

Crashking
01-04-2005, 11:07 AM
it's for a dodge truck, the stock head unit that came with the truck is no longer in there, a sony hu was installed, and i need to take it out so that i can wire in the sub and amp would it still be dodge keys or sony keys?

jtomsic
01-04-2005, 11:08 AM
u had to buy a fit kit and **** right? if so then yeah u need keys from dodge, most shops will have extras they'll let u borrow if u bring them back. you can also buy them off sounddomain.com they have all that stuff

Crashking
01-04-2005, 11:15 AM
yeah had to buy the kit since it went from a dual din hu to a single din hu

thanks a bunch, now that i know who i need to go after for the keys... makes it a litttle bit easier

off to sounddomain to find these bishes!

Crashking
01-04-2005, 11:20 AM
well i looked... can't seem to find them :(

guess i'll have to stop by a best buy and see if they will let me borrow them when i need em

tRiGgEr
01-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Use a flat head.

ChuteBoxe515
01-04-2005, 11:28 AM
yea...a thin flathead will do the same things, but be careful jamming things in there...

Crashking
01-04-2005, 11:30 AM
yea...a thin flathead will do the same things, but be careful jamming things in there...

yeah that's why i wanted to find the proper tool for the job... so it doest get screwed up

Crashking
01-12-2005, 03:01 PM
good news! stopped by best buy and asked the guy working in the install department if they had any left over keys that i could use so that i can take the hu out... i pull my truck up so he can look at it... goes back into the bay comes back with a set of keys and i'm on my way...

don't think any screwdrivers would work... not without damaging anything cause there was space just big enough to slide a little slip of paper between the holder and the head unit

thanks ya'll for the suggestions of what to do. i just feel better if i do it right with the right tools... not risking damage

datguyclark
01-12-2005, 05:17 PM
for future information, a hack saw blade broken in half works wonders