PDA

View Full Version : CDM 7854 with IPod

regal2800
12-31-2004, 10:39 PM
Hi, i have a alpine CDM 7854 head unit that i want to hook up to my ipod. I pluged in the Mbus cable and hooked up all the RCA cables. The problem is that i don't know how to get the head unit into Aux mode. I know the unit can take a cd changer which means that i should be able to play Ipod. Any help would be great. thanks

bonesninja
01-01-2005, 10:12 AM
press and hold the setup button for 3 seconds---press the /<< or >>/ button to select the AUX mode---press the band button to toggle the mode between AUX ON and AUX OFF---press the setup button to return to normal mode--to adjust the volume first press the source button and select the aux mode then make the necessary adjustment.----thats str8 out of the alpine manual dude.

regal2800
01-01-2005, 03:21 PM
When you say Setup button i assume you mean the "F" button. WHen i press and hold that like on other Alpine models it comes to something that says "F 80" If i use the arrows to change it goes to 100 and 200 or down to 60. So i don't know. And i have the manual. it doesn't say anywhere in there what you just said.

Rawr-DQ
01-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Thats the bass setting, try holding other buttons if it isn't the "f" button. On my deck, you hold down the "f" button and scroll through the settings by hitting the "Band tel." button. And the arrows switch to the different settings.

I guess you just gotta play around with it some.

bonesninja
01-01-2005, 07:41 PM
no the set up button is the button thats just to the left of the button that has #1 on it at the bottom edge