PDA

View Full Version : Rear fill question...

mj121983
12-29-2004, 11:32 PM
Guys. I just dropped my car off to get everything professionaly installed. The guy told me that he believed I had everything in my system EXCEPT for rear fill that would be lacking in the back. I have 6x9 speaker locations on the rear deck. He suggested buying a pair of 5.25" Midbass speakers. Can I fit anything larger than that inside a 6x9 location? If not, what is THE BEST, as in expensive, high quality, durable, 5.25" Midbass speaker available? I have DLS Iridium 6.3 in the front.

Also, I will need an amp to run whatever 5.25" midbass I get since my HU is an Eclipse 5083 and has no built in amplifier. But my concern is this: The HU has only 3 preouts. I am using two of those preouts with my 4 channel amp for my speakers in the front, and then the last set with my sub amp. So will I be able to add another amp into my system now? How will I go about getting around this?

Also, what amplifier would you recommend for the 5.25" midbass speakers that you recommend?

Guy told me the install is gonna be ******. Gonna take about 1.5 - 2 weeks and cost around 2 grand with sound dampening installed in the ENTIRE car as well as a totally customized trunk with neon lightning and who knows whatever crazyness this installer has up his sleeves. He has installed for celebrities such as Micheal Jordan and Shaq. I'm excited.

Thanks in advance :)

JoseMCeee
12-30-2004, 12:18 AM
I say u dont get the rear fill. You will hardly see a difference with it in. For multiple amps, just plug the new amp to the OUTPUTS on the first amp. Most amps will have a Input and Output set. Input comes from the HU. Output will go to the additional amps.

squeak9798
12-30-2004, 09:47 AM
I wouldn't worry about rear fill. The only time I would recommend rear-fill is if you frequently carry rear-seat passengers, and you want them to be able to hear the music at low volumes (during like conversations) aswell.

Why are you using 4 RCA-preouts for your front stage? Are you bi-amping them?

mj121983
12-30-2004, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't worry about rear fill. The only time I would recommend rear-fill is if you frequently carry rear-seat passengers, and you want them to be able to hear the music at low volumes (during like conversations) aswell.

Why are you using 4 RCA-preouts for your front stage? Are you bi-amping them?

Well, I'm using a 4 channel amp. the front channels of the amp will go to my midrange/tweeters the rear channels will go to my midbass. Having a 4 channel amp hooked up to my HU means that 2 of the 3 preouts will be used, correct? Or will a 4 channel amp only take up 1 set of preouts?

3.5Max6spd
12-30-2004, 05:22 PM
^^^ you'll be using 2 preouts if you want fader functions

bonesninja
12-30-2004, 05:22 PM
nope if you want the fade option you have to use both fronyt and rear outs. and don't let the guy put a midbas driver in the rear. the subs will just drown it out anyways. if you need more midbass it should come from the front stage.

JoseMCeee
12-30-2004, 07:01 PM
ya save the money ur gonna throw in the trash and buy some really good components. Then you will have all the highs AND midbass in front. Ultimate sweetness. Then of course you would have the lows in ur trunk

mj121983
12-30-2004, 07:44 PM
God I love this forum. Best forum I've ever been involved in! Have a great new year! I decided to just get the Audio Control DQT digital equalizer... pretty excited. Take it easy all! :)

mudd
12-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Rear fill absolutely makes a difference in a car, not only in staging and imaging, but in overall sound quality. You already have the channels to power it, and the installer's already going to have the car apart. May as well go for it.

I'd match it with the front speakers best you can.

audiolife
12-30-2004, 08:04 PM
rear fill destroys imaging and perceived volume. makes the system as a whole sound muddy (no pun intended) so unless you have the surround sound processor i wouldnt even consider rear fill unless you have a big a$$ van or a motor home or maybe a convertable lol

squeak9798
12-30-2004, 09:28 PM
Rear fill absolutely makes a difference in a car, not only in staging and imaging, but in overall sound quality. You already have the channels to power it, and the installer's already going to have the car apart. May as well go for it.

I'd match it with the front speakers best you can.

:wow: Yeah, it surely does makes a difference in staging,imaging and sound quality............rear-fill degrades it.

x2 what audiolife said

johnecon2001
12-30-2004, 09:56 PM
X3

and mudd you my be a brother from AZ, but your smoking crack.