PDA

View Full Version : Kappa Comps or Alpine Type R comps?

KuNgFuDeViL
12-29-2004, 10:50 PM
I was looking at some component speakers today (6.5) and listened to the Kappa and the Alpine Type R. Both sounded good but I liked the sound of the Kappa's better. The highs weren't quite as piercing as they are on the Type R's. What do you all think in terms of the better speaker? Is it worth the extra cash to buy the kappa's or do you think the Alpine Type R speakers are sufficient if I turn the highs down on the amp? It is still up in the air if they will be too deep to fit my car, but I'm hoping they won't be. I just want some new speakers!

thanks for the help

KuNgFuDeViL
12-29-2004, 11:07 PM
anyone use this site ever?

http://www.hookedontronics.com/

there were some killer prices on there and I was just wondering if anyone has used it before and if they are reliable

negativezeroz
12-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Kappa's

ighettoboyi
12-31-2004, 12:20 PM
i dont like either but i'd say kappas

deadilus
01-02-2005, 11:58 PM
deffinently kappa's a friends got em better speakers

desertheat
01-03-2005, 12:29 AM
If the type r's are setup right they sound better, I know for I have heard them both. Sounds like the type r's were on 0db, set them on -3db or -6db and they sound pretty good

nwo504
01-03-2005, 06:12 AM
kappas **** thats all i know

The Big E
01-06-2005, 12:06 PM
The Type R's is the way to go. Just set the tweets to -3db, or -6db. The mids are great, and with a little tweeking, the tweeters are very impressive.

I've heard both the Kappas and the Type R's, I purchased the Type R 6 3/4 inch seperates. I supply 75 watts to each speaker, and they are loud, detailed, and distortion free. I have the Tweets set at -3db, they play loud and there is no distortion whatsoever.

Hookedontroincs is a good internet retailer. I would also suggest GOPCPLUS.com to compare prices on Alpine. That is where I got my Type R's from.

silent1
01-08-2005, 10:19 AM
You listened to the Kappas, you liked the Kappas better, go get the Kappas. If you dont like the Type Rs on the board, chances are your not gonna like em in your car.

TrakDay
01-29-2005, 03:11 PM
I never trust the sound of speakers on a board at a shop. See if you can find some local speaker gurus who might allow you to listen to their setups. Boards of speakers are deceiveing and in most cases never set up sorrect. I personally am not afan of the Kappas and have little experience with the Type R speakers. So I really have no comment on your speaker choice

desi_daru
01-29-2005, 11:37 PM
different sounds for different ppls
id vote for type-rs outta the 2, i like how mine sound i got the tweets jus cranked at 0db BUT then again i love the trebble others may not

audiolife
01-30-2005, 05:30 AM
get which ever you like neither are "bad" but also know a soundboard sounds nothing like your car. open air listening of a soundboard vs a very small enclosed area (your car) that has a transfer function and the speakers will be at different distances and may act semi out of phase.