PDA

View Full Version : speaker size and depth?

KuNgFuDeViL
12-28-2004, 06:32 PM
I can't seem to find information on the speaker sizes for my car anywhere. I called Crutchfield, and of course they don't have info on it yet and therefore they can not help. I own a 2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS. Looks as though the front door is 6 1/2 and the rear door is 5 1/4. In the front it is all ready for component speakers, since it is an option you can get with the car if you please. i was thinking of getting components for the front and was looking at the Inifinity Reference 6000cs or the Polk db6500's. (these are the only two pairs in crutchfield in the range I was looking to spend.) If anyone knows the mounting depth and sizes of the speakers or has any suggestions of which components are better than the other, or has a suggestion of another good set of components, it would be of great help. For the rear I am not looking to get anything special, just a nice pair of 3 or 4 way speakers to add to the sound and get rid of the horrible stock speakers. Thanks in advance.

JimJ
12-28-2004, 06:46 PM
I would look at other brands of comp sets first...

What is your budget for a comp set, plus an amp to drive them?

KuNgFuDeViL
12-28-2004, 07:11 PM
I was only looking to spend around $200 for the comp speakers. I could go higher however, I might just have to wait longer to get them. I have an Eclipse amp that I will split between my sub and the speakers for now. That'll push out 40 to each of the speakers. My budget is fairly thin at the moment.

rocchi
12-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Go with the orion P5.2's in the door if they are not too deep. I have a set but they are too deep for my car.