PDA

View Full Version : emailing alpine for software update req

vactor
12-27-2004, 11:34 PM
i have a 9835 from alpine and have a software upgrade suggestion for them since it seems that the internal software can be updated by them. i think it would be fantastic if one could use the headunit to power a 3 way system with the fronts being a set of separates with a passive crossover (pretty universal ...) and the rear outputs could be used to power some smaller subs ... this would of course require that the front outputs be can be setto high pass at say 70 Hz (which they can in a 2 way system) but also that the REAR speaker outputs play a LOW pass output from the rear outputs (which is currently not possible). seems that this could Eadily be done with a few lines of code ... anyway, alpine seems to have a TERRIBLE method of allowing customers to send them feedback (basically they want you to contact a dealer, who will want to sell you more stuff or simply not contact alpine). anyway, if anyone has a way that i could email an alpine tech that would be fantastic!!

desertheat
12-28-2004, 12:35 AM
Not a bad idea, would rather see the rear output as a bandpass section to play from like 40-90hz for the midbass.

desertheat
12-28-2004, 12:36 AM
by the way how do you like the 9835..? I just ordered one in and am holding my breath because I sold my LOVED 7949 and am saying a prayer I will like the 9835...

ngsm13
12-28-2004, 04:58 AM
I'd love to see an overall update....

I love my 9835! Great HU

NG

vactor
12-28-2004, 08:28 AM
yeah, the 9835 is excellent. i do wish that it also had higher voltage and balanced pre outs, but altogether, i think it is an excellent ehadunit. now if i can just get the crossover to work to my needs i would really be raving about it!!