PDA

View Full Version : New speakers in my grand am

o0five0o
12-27-2004, 10:01 PM
Ok guys, havent posted in a while since school is taking up so much time. Now that my internship decided to hire me, i have some extra money and would like to get all new speakers, since the HC i have drowns out and actually blew my speakers.

I have Infinity 6X9's in the back and eclipse 4X6's in the front. The infinites are blown and distort at even the lowest of volume levels, same with the eclipses.

I have been looking into getting components for the front and am looking at diamond audio and boston. The only problem is what kind of custom work i would have to do to fit 6.5's or 5.25s in the front and what do to about the rear since the sub distorts the current speakers pretty bad.

What can you recommend for the front and rear that wouldnt blow or distort?

squeak9798
12-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Don't put speakers in the rear. With a good front stage, they are unnecessary.

As for custom work on the front; the easiest thing to do would be to build kickpanels. It wouldn't require any cutting or hacking, just some fiberglass skills. But, so far every car I've owned/worked on has has an opening in the inner metal door skin at the front-bottom of the door.....perfect for putting speakers. All you would need to do is cut the door panel and make a baffle to mount the speaker on. So far, the times I've done this have turned out pretty good.

Both of those companies make good speakers. I'm partial to Boston personally though :) But, depending on your budget, look into Focal, Rainbow, Arc Audio, Image Dynamics, OZ Audio, DLS, RE, Morel, Peerless, etc etc