PDA

View Full Version : image dynamics???

iceteebone
12-24-2004, 07:21 PM
anybody ever have any problems with there customer service? i found a thread on sounddomain, http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=62&t=001294 and the dude has been waiting 1 1/2 years for his speakers to get replaced. i was seriously looking to get some CX62 mids but i don't know now. is there any other mids i can look into at 2 ohms? my amp does an underrated 90 watts rms @ 2 ohms.

DBfan187
12-24-2004, 07:24 PM
I think Limitkid7 was selling his 2ohm comps. They were ID.

iceteebone
12-24-2004, 07:29 PM
I think Limitkid7 was selling his 2ohm comps. They were ID.

i only want the mids. i can get just the mids for like $65 cheaper then what he wants for the set.

audiolife
12-25-2004, 01:14 AM
i never had a problem with id customer service in my life. generally speaking in situations like waiting 18 months for service there is alot more to the situation than what the customer is saying.

blackgeltabs
12-25-2004, 01:23 AM
ID rocks man. Ge tthem pricematached at SD for the warrenty and your golden. If your sub blows it does take a little while for them to get to it and recone it. They are small, like a 3-5 person operation I think. If there are shows or events sometimes they might not be there for 3 days or better. Sometimes its tough to get them at the phone, leave a message they always call back. I love ID's techs they are real good duys.

mudd
12-25-2004, 09:52 PM
ID is a decent company. My guess is that dude went shady somewhere along the line, and is being refused his warranty to ID. They make quality stuff - you won't go wrong.

limitkid7
12-25-2004, 09:59 PM
why do you want the mids from id? those speakers are not anygood..

if i were to complain about anything w/in my install it'd be those speakers. look into a different speaker period.

req
12-26-2004, 12:21 AM
why do you want the mids from id? those speakers are not anygood..

if i were to complain about anything w/in my install it'd be those speakers. look into a different speaker period.

are you on crack?

id makes some of the nicest SQ stuff around. :confused:

ighettoboyi
12-26-2004, 02:53 AM
i just think it's a whack *** install....rear components man, enough said

audiolife
12-26-2004, 07:02 AM
i heard the old sets iat 2000 usac world finals (both cars i listened to were top 3 in their class) and they sounded pretty **** good to me. i dunno why anyone would put 2 ohm speakers in back and or run different speakers as rearfill. key to rearfill it to be toned the same while not producing much if any noticable volume.

limitkid7
12-26-2004, 09:47 AM
wack *** install you say, try the image dynamics were up front sounded like ***, put in the back sound like *** - tried in another car and yet again sound like ***......

hopefully if you're saying their not "wack" b/c you own a pair yourself right - otherwise stfu..

best around someone else said - lol that's pretty funny, esp when i can name a hell of a lot more brands that kick their *** for half the price.

mid bass - what midbass??? all i see is a oversized tweeter w/a midbass woofer that sounds like a cheap pair of headphones.

audiolife
12-26-2004, 11:37 AM
i just find it really hard to believe that an infinity kappa set is better i have played with those and im thinking something might be wrong with the id's there is noooooooooo way an installed correctly/working corectly set of id's would sound horrible. even by themselves no sub they should sound awesome.

blackgeltabs
12-26-2004, 12:03 PM
best around someone else said - lol that's pretty funny, esp when i can name a hell of a lot more brands that kick their *** for half the price.

Such as?

audiolife
12-26-2004, 12:30 PM
those chameleons are one of the few sets out there that can go 20-20k by themselves without haveing to do anything really crazy

CarlB
12-26-2004, 12:31 PM
RE XXX mids are 2 ohm, aren't they?

squeak9798
12-26-2004, 08:12 PM
RE XXX mids are 2 ohm, aren't they?

Yes

squeak9798
12-26-2004, 08:14 PM
all i see is a oversized tweeter w/a midbass woofer that sounds like a cheap pair of headphones.

There are quite a few competitors and judges that would disagree with that. I'd point me finger towards an install/setup problem.

And yes, there are people who can get midbass out of them. It's all in the install/setup.