PDA

View Full Version : How to find the depth of my vehicle?

PickupBass
12-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Hey, does anyone know where I can find the true depth of the front door factory locations on my vehicle?

I currently have some alpines in there...and I would like to put JL XR525csi comps in there, but I'm not sure if they are too big. They have a mounting depth of 2.375", and I don't want to put speakers in there with a magnet that is too big...or buy them for a waste

By the way, the vehicle is a 1995 Nissan ext cab pickup hardbody. Thank you very much. I searched all over online and called my nissan dealership, but they don't know. I will appreciate any help!

RCwhat
12-23-2004, 07:15 PM
you could always take out your speakers and measure. :coolflas:

monte_carlo97
12-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Taking out your speakers and measuring is going to be your sure way of finding out. More often than not places that have all those numbers are usually not right.

bonesninja
12-23-2004, 07:27 PM
or if you need to--take off the dor panel and measure it first with window up then with window down and also observe if anything moves thru that area while rolling window up or down>

killcrap
12-23-2004, 08:26 PM
slide caliper

Sleeklsc
12-23-2004, 10:51 PM
or if you need to--take off the dor panel and measure it first with window up then with window down and also observe if anything moves thru that area while rolling window up or down>

x2...ima have to do that soon:(

mudd
12-24-2004, 12:06 PM
The Nissan pickup's were notorious for being shallow to the window. You'll need a spacer for anything other than a slimline speaker to fit in the door. This was pretty much resolved with the Frontier's.

audiolife
12-24-2004, 02:17 PM
The Nissan pickup's were notorious for being shallow to the window. You'll need a spacer for anything other than a slimline speaker to fit in the door. This was pretty much resolved with the Frontier's.
yup yup true there but if i recall you can put up to .5" of spacers there if not a little more. you can buy the spacers or make them from mdf (if im wrong im thinking toyota)