PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice, and want to know what the difference is between Alpine R and S type

david45213
12-21-2004, 10:44 PM
Hi im about to upgrade the front speakers and since they're only 5.25 I want to get something really good and powerful for the size and I always hear you guys talking about the Alpine R type but I see on ebay that the S type is significantly cheaper, why is that? I see it's less watts, is the sound quality any worse? I know you guys are gonna say go for the R type but I have very limited money and need to save what I can so unless the R is a lot better I don't feel comfortable getting it. Also is there any way I can fit a 6.5 inch in place of the factory 5.25? They seem to be the same price as the 5.25, and my car speaker sizes are disappointing, the back 2 speakers are four inch, so it's hard to have a good system. I have a '99 Isuzu Rodeo. Thanks a lot for the help.

supa_c
12-21-2004, 10:50 PM
To make a 5 1/4 to 6 1/2 you can use some MDF and make a baffle.
Screw the wood baffle in the door, then screw the 6 1/2 speaker into it

strong*I*bumpin
12-22-2004, 01:24 AM
Do like supa said about mounting the mid.Now as for choices go with the R's if ur mind is set on the Alpines brand ,I had the Type S and they ****.

rocchi
12-22-2004, 07:08 PM
Go with the orion P5.2's if they are not too deep for your doors. I have a brand new pair that wouldn't fit in my doors if you are interested.

Jon

ighettoboyi
12-29-2004, 09:14 PM
c

d

t

type s's are good for h/u power maybe lol