PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 7995 or Clarion DXZ945MP

Shyne151
12-21-2004, 02:30 PM
I can get an EXCELLENT deal on a Clarion DXZ945MP... should I keep my alpine 7995 or get the clarion?

http://www.clarion.com/usa/product/index.php?mod=details&category=source&product=DXZ945MP
that is the clarion

Shyne151
12-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Ohh I also get the sirius tuner for it for free..

JLCivic
12-21-2004, 07:41 PM
Satellite radio is really nice. The few user reviews of the 945 I have seen have been positive. I dunno....If you really want to change and can get a great deal, I say go ahead.

green_slip
12-22-2004, 09:43 AM
Satellite radio is really nice. The few user reviews of the 945 I have seen have been positive. I dunno....If you really want to change and can get a great deal, I say go ahead.

**Hypotheticly (sp)** If you can download and burn all the songs you want to listen to is satellite radio really worth it to buy? your honest opinion plz. sorry OT

Go with the clarion if you can get such a good deal and Sirius.

JLCivic
12-22-2004, 10:39 AM
**Hypotheticly (sp)** If you can download and burn all the songs you want to listen to is satellite radio really worth it to buy? your honest opinion plz. sorry OT

Go with the clarion if you can get such a good deal and Sirius.

With Satellite radio, I also get Sports talk radio, news, whatever I want, wherever I am driving, 24/7.

Also, sometimes it is nice to NOT know what you are going to hear next. I have been pleasantly surprised many times. $13 a month for all of that, plus I can listen to the music channels online for no additional cost. It is the best 40 cents a day I spend.

green_slip
12-22-2004, 02:02 PM
Also, sometimes it is nice to NOT know what you are going to hear next. I have been pleasantly surprised many times. $13 a month for all of that, plus I can listen to the music channels online for no additional cost. It is the best 40 cents a day I spend.

I know what you mean, it's sometimes boring listening to CDs over and over. A couple more questions though, do you have any pics of it in your car? If not, does it look half-way decent? Also is satellite radio clearer than local radio because if it distorts at all like local radio I'll go insane I can't stand the local radio stations?

JLCivic
12-22-2004, 05:49 PM
I know what you mean, it's sometimes boring listening to CDs over and over. A couple more questions though, do you have any pics of it in your car? If not, does it look half-way decent? Also is satellite radio clearer than local radio because if it distorts at all like local radio I'll go insane I can't stand the local radio stations?

There is no distortion or static. I think I have a pic of the antenna (just click on the link in my signature). I use a clarion sirius receiver which is mounted under the passenger seat. All you see in the car is the antenna and the sirius display which is mounted below my dash.

green_slip
12-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Do the receiver and antenna come together? If so, how much together and where? Also is it hard to install or should I just get it installed for me? thanks JL

JLCivic
12-23-2004, 09:10 AM
Do the receiver and antenna come together? If so, how much together and where? Also is it hard to install or should I just get it installed for me? thanks JL

You can get sat radio receivers many places(crutchfield, BB, CC, local car audio shops). I bought the pieces separately. In the end, my sat radio setup cost me about $100. As to whether you can install it yourself, if you installed your system, you can certainly install sat radio.

green_slip
12-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Sweet man thanks for the info, I'll ask Santa for a Sirius.

JLCivic
12-23-2004, 11:56 AM
Sweet man thanks for the info, I'll ask Santa for a Sirius.

Once you have sat radio, you will wonder how you ever lived without it.