PDA

View Full Version : Big Build for 1st Timer

ineedagirl2006
12-20-2004, 09:41 PM
I've never built a box before...hell, I don't even install my own subs. I pay my audio-genious friend to do it. But I was wanting to build an enclosure for my '95 Chrysler New Yorker. I was wanting to do a full trunk system. I have 3 12" Kicker Comp VR's ready to go in and a 2000W Audiobahn amp. I was wanting to do something like the subs in a inverted parallelogram shape (they face towards each other instead of away like your typical pre-built 3 sub enclosure) then put the amp vertically on the right side wall, and possibly put a DVD player and CD changer on the left side. I want to carpet it. My main questions are:

1. How do I attach my potential catastrophe to my car?

2. What kind of adhesive do you suggest using for the carpetting?

3. Should I pull up the old carpet or leave it; build on top?

4. I have the Infinity sound factory package meaning there's an Infinity amp mounted behind the carpet on the left wall, should I pull that out and fit it into my contraption?

I'm not sure whether this forum lets me know when people have responded or not, so if you'd like, you can send your answers to my email: [email protected]

Fish

Insomniac119
12-21-2004, 02:02 PM
you mean something like this? http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/mera/MERA_2002.pdf
^^don't make your project that complicated; you wouldn't have to make a mold like that, but it gives you a good idea of how hard someting like that would be to make.

1. you can bolt it to the floor boards or you can use alot of velcro.

2. you can get airsoft cans of it at autoparts stores and hardwar stores for around $10.

3. it depends on what you want to do and how much effert/time you want to put into this. if your just going to make the box and put it in the middle of the trunk, than keep the existing carpet.

4. if you want to, go ahead. i would keep it to power my speakers though.