PDA

View Full Version : Need 6.5 comps

roo97ss
12-20-2004, 05:21 PM
Sorry, know it's been asked before, but stepping price down a notch or two.

I have a bmw Z3, little 2 seat M roadster, non powered alpine head unit (stockwith harmon kardon stereo).

Adding 75 rms x4 amp.

Need 6.5 components that won't break bank.

Want to stay in the 80-125 range.

some brands i've looked at - checking ebay i guess
alpine
pioneer
kenwood
cerwin vega
infinity reference/kappa
polk db
kicker
blaunkpunt

I'm not looking for competition car, just good sound that won't break up when you turn it up.

Usually listen to everything with treble up (i like highs) (acura cl-s/new tl, corvette with bose, mach 460 cobra) but at the same time need to get bass out of them, because the behind the seats are 4" and the sub is a 6.5" that kind of ***** between the seats, no room for 'real' subs in this little car.

Music is generally hard rock/rock/pop, no Rap really. i.e. in changer 2 dave matthews (wifes favorite by far), pearl jam, metallica, led zeppelin, billy joel, elton john, linkin park, oasis don't remember the others.

thanks

Joe

rocchi
12-21-2004, 07:35 PM
Out of what you listed I would stick with kicker

Sleeklsc
12-22-2004, 12:04 AM
^^x2 or look at the alpine type r's(118) at www.ikesound.com

i think they would sound better then the kicker k series comps

aphinney
12-22-2004, 12:12 AM
Kicker Ss65.2

Sleeklsc
12-22-2004, 12:15 AM
Adding 75 rms x4 amp.

Need 6.5 components that won't break bank.

Want to stay in the 80-125 range.

some brands i've looked at - checking ebay i guess
alpine
pioneer
kenwood
cerwin vega
infinity reference/kappa
polk db
kicker
blaunkpunt

I'm not looking for competition car, just good sound that won't break up when you turn it up.

thanks

Joe

:handclap: read the post :*******:

lotas
12-22-2004, 01:13 AM
infinitys wont let you down

roo97ss
12-22-2004, 06:31 AM
Thanks for input. Got impulsive though and came across a deal on ebay, actually the guy screwed up his listing and buy it now price putting up his price for non components for the component speakers...but to keep my business he is eating it on his end.

I'm getting kenwood excelon 6.5s comps and 4" 2 way for my rear fill (the biggest that fits in the little car) for 140 shipped both brand new. Hope they're good. If you guys tell me they're crap i'll just turn around and sell them as i can't lose money on them at this price.

Let me know what you think.

Joe

theCybe
12-22-2004, 08:17 AM
Let me know what you think of those, I'm in the market.

roo97ss
12-22-2004, 04:22 PM
ok, it'll be a while though. They're presents -why i'm getting them now- and for the roadster which is garaged until the spring.

Joe