PDA

View Full Version : just got everything working

BringTheBass
12-20-2004, 02:17 AM
After a week in my spare time ive finally changed out my old gay pyramid HU with a Pioneer Premier deh-p600 :D
Now that i got my subs and speakers to work, i cant turn it up as much as i want. when i turn up the volume on my HU my speakers get too loud too quick,starts to max out, and my subs cant keep up. they need to be louder. do i just turn up the distortion on the sub amp or what?

JoseMCeee
12-20-2004, 02:27 AM
After a week in my spare time ive finally changed out my old gay pyramid HU with a Pioneer Premier deh-p600 :D
Now that i got my subs and speakers to work, i cant turn it up as much as i want. when i turn up the volume on my HU my speakers get too loud too quick,starts to max out, and my subs cant keep up. they need to be louder. do i just turn up the distortion on the sub amp or what?

Try matching your gains. Make sure that ur settings arent all messed up. Dont go too high on the bass boost. Comps hpf, subs lpf etc and try messing with the setting on these until you get a clear sound.

But most importantly match your gains.
Check out the thread in the amps section

Acidburn
12-20-2004, 02:28 AM
dont turn up distortion, thats bad

JoseMCeee
12-20-2004, 04:31 AM
i think he meant turn up the gain. Distortion is when you speakers sound like crap so turning that up would cause them to blow