PDA

View Full Version : Bose Does Blow

Depression
12-18-2004, 10:38 PM
I always see alot of flaming going on over the BOSE stereo systems that are offered as options on some new cars....I actually had never heard one of these systems but I LOVE my Bose Home Surround sound speakers and assumed that although these BOSE stereo options where basically stock factory upgrades..that most of you guys were flaming simply because you compared your SQ systems to the Bose Systems...

So when My Fiance and I bought our new Chevy Tahoe last month..the color,trim package we wanted also came with the BOSE Stereo....I figures "No Biggie, I know everyone says that the Bose System ***** but I bet it'll be okay for now and probably sounds pretty decent for factory sound".......

WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY AND TERRIBLE ATTEMPT TO MAKE THE BUYER THINK THEY ARE GETTING PREMIUM SOUND!!

I would have to say the Stock stereo systems in KIA's are better sounding than this $800 Bose Crap in our $42,000 Tahoe....you guys are right on with that call...I was not just dissappointed...I am insulted they pushed that crap on us....
BOSE BLOWS BIG TIME

78nova
12-18-2004, 11:45 PM
my cars stock h/u said alpine, and it had a ******** amp in the back, and it sounded like **** to, well car dealers will come up with anything to screw you over, but i installed a real h/u in there and it made a little difference but i'm going to get speakers anyways and in a couple of days i will have REAL BASS again

Strecker25
12-19-2004, 12:01 AM
our envoys bose system actually sounds decent, but i agree not for the 800 it cost

theCybe
12-19-2004, 01:45 AM
jMac's nailed it.

My Audi has bose, and not only are the front 4" components blown, the back 6.5" aren't loud, and every bit of information I gathered about them is that they are absolutely incompatible with ****, in general.

They also share a common ground. I think that's foul.

The Bose wave radio, however, has that killer labrynth horn in it; Those types of designs are why Bose has a good name; The actual speakers themselves are probably no better than the cruddy paper cones that came in your boombox.

HincklNutt
12-19-2004, 02:01 AM
yeah, especially when you consider 800dollars worth of speakers that you could have bought

Omarvelous
12-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Cmon now, i don't know if we have the same soeakers, but in my tahoe, the bose system is goood for sstock i think.

Got a 12"xxx, and it really keeps up with it, most songs.

But i guss u have WAY more experience with speakers then i, so therefore you see the imperfections.

ngsm13
12-20-2004, 12:25 PM
But i guss u have WAY more experience with speakers then i, so therefore you see the imperfections.

eh...

NG

nosaj070
12-20-2004, 12:34 PM
Mwah, Their HT stuff blows too. I'm yet to hear a bose surround sound system I am impressed with. There are many option much cheaper, that will give you the same crappy sound. I will admit that wave radio thing is pretty bad ***. My dad has a bose system in his car (Infiniti I35) It sounds pretty decent minus their weak attemp at IB for the sub. The car is no where near sealed off from the trunk, hell the seats fold down. Sub is so inaccurate its not even funny, I do like the components though, image pretty well and sound pretty good.

BIG_SUPERMAN72
12-20-2004, 12:37 PM
My surround sound system in my house is tight. Cost about 3 grand. has the main unit that plays cds/dvd radio. It sounds pretty good but thats for my houuuuse.

nosaj070
12-20-2004, 12:49 PM
My surround sound system in my house is tight. Cost about 3 grand. has the main unit that plays cds/dvd radio. It sounds pretty good but thats for my houuuuse.

Spend that 3000 dollars on any other company (Paradigm, countless online companies) And you will be floored by the difference.

JoseMCeee
12-20-2004, 03:21 PM
I agree that about 1k for that bose i a waste. But I have seen some cases where a bose system gets kinda loud for some stock speakers. I have a friend with a 94 maxima that came with the bose premium sound. When he got a pioneer unit and went to get it installed the guys said that each speaker had its own amp and when he got that unit installed it sounded great. I think it was 6.5's all around.

jtomsic
12-20-2004, 04:06 PM
bose speakers are ******... they get loud but distort like a mother...

brandontw
12-20-2004, 04:35 PM
yeah spend that 3 grand on any other good brand, like parasound, b&w.... hell get some jbl PA speaks, and they will crank so much louder, and with out that silly little sub they have alot more bass. bose bites, my freind has a riich uncle, and he dropped a few k on bose top of the line surround sound thing and we were at his house trying to find something that sounded good on it....no luck
i would rather have 2 good speakers than a bunch of tiny littl crappy ones

brandontw
12-20-2004, 05:20 PM
my pop has a warfdale sub, and i hate it, it barely hits at all, it sounds good, but just not enough

nosaj070
12-20-2004, 07:17 PM
Meh, Paradigm isn't that great ... I have their top-of-the-line center channel from several years ago (CC-300) and my even older Wharfedale Modus Seven towers walk all over it ...

My parents also had Paradigm towers and ended up trading them in for Energys, which sounded much better ...

Mind you, Paradigm > Bose, IMO ...

I'll agree with you, I simply threw out a brand, my family has a paradigm HT setup, sounds pretty good and I've heard a few that are better, but didn't feel obligated to speak without experience :) So like you stated again, A lot of stuff>Paradigm>>>>Bose

VisionxOrb
12-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Im running all axiom stuff in my place, except for my home built sub. These sound freaking fantastic. its amazing how much better speakers you can find for the money when you steer clear of the CC and BB places.

paikiah
12-21-2004, 12:18 AM
i don't believe in having a 5.1 surround system at home. I have two speakers, a preamp, an amplifier, a CD player for music.

To have cinema quality sound system with surround, I go to the movies.

m3rK201
12-26-2004, 05:05 AM
only bose i liked was there 302's which are pretty loud n bassy buh other then that...they suk donkey balls lol wtf paper tweeters? My ascend's mop floors of any bookshelf speaker under 1k..bose sux buy Ascends!!

www.ascendacoustics.com ^_^

Depression
12-26-2004, 09:59 AM
LOL, try integrating something into a Bose system, then see how much more angry you get ;)

THATS WHATS WORRIES ME....Not that I was aware of Any real problems..But I felt in my GUT that putting a Sub in the Back or Amps would be an issue....You can just "FEEL" that you are Commited to hell with these Bose Systems...

Again...I really enjoy thier acoustimass home Audio Speakers...I UNDERSTAND THERE IS BETTER...but overall I enjoy thier crisp highs on the sattelite Cubes and Bass for my Surround sound...BUT DDAAMMMNNN!!!! They really Played someone at GM to get these Crappy systems listed as an Option on Car Audio Systems....Just Awful!!! They gotta be laughing all the way to the Bamk with thier contract with GM for this B.S.

`pr0digy
12-27-2004, 12:57 PM
I got the AR.COM kit from madisound for 2 channel bookshelfs in the house, uses peerless drivers.... MUCH better than the bose **** at a fraction of the cost :)

audiolife
12-27-2004, 12:59 PM
if it has no highs and it has no lows it must be bose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

JimJ
12-27-2004, 03:24 PM
To have cinema quality sound system with surround, I go to the movies.

I don't know about Korean theaters, as I've never been there, but...

I'm tired of getting raped in the States by high ticket prices and insane junk-food costs. If I can build an excellent DIY 5 or 7.1 system in my house to play my meager-but-good collection of DVD's and SACD's, I will.

Considering that the vehicle I'm looking into for an eventual replacement for my current one probably won't have a sound system in it, even more the reason to go all-out at home :)

johnecon2001
12-27-2004, 04:06 PM
mmm, i built a home theatre in my house. Used all Kef products except for hte tuner which is a Denon1905. Sounds.... ****.

Sachmo12345
12-27-2004, 07:19 PM
ive got stock bose in my 95 Maxima and i have no complaints

audiolife
12-27-2004, 07:21 PM
ive got stock bose in my 95 Maxima and i have no complaints
you dont ask for much do you? :rotflol:

Raven
12-27-2004, 07:38 PM
^: Hahahahaha

Bose sounds like an Audiobahn wannabe. Only for $3000, you could make a killer system with all Audiobahn.

Alpine CDA-9815
12-27-2004, 08:51 PM
I just got a Camaro with the Bose stereo in it... I can't wait to sell my truck and get something that actually sounds good and gets loud. For now it will have to do.

Jonahdude
12-27-2004, 09:49 PM
I went to the Bose store at the mall yesterday and listened to their $4000 home theater, and it sounded like absolute crap. Well... not absolute crap, but I've heard better for WAY less than four grand. My Kenwood Receiver, with KLH bookshelf speakers and a Pioneer TS-W305C sounds better on the lows and highs, and almost as good in the midrange, and I paid just over $200 for the whole thing... Granted the Bose system included a receiver that can store hundreds of hours of music, but I've got my computer for that. Even then I paid less than $1k.

paikiah
12-27-2004, 09:54 PM
DO realise that with home audio, the room layout, measurements play a very crucial role in the way they sound. What seems crappy in the store might sound great in your room, and vice versa.

If only customers were allowed to have a demo setup in their own home, they'd have a better chance of getting the sound they want.

lotas
12-27-2004, 09:56 PM
man my parents infiniti has a Bose system and it is incredible. It came with the car but the 6.5" midbass is amazing... i want to jack those speakers and hook them up in my accord.

its like 6speakers...a 8"sub and 2tweeters or something..best system ive ever heard in a car w/o upgrades.

paikiah
12-27-2004, 10:04 PM
I preferred the stock tunes of the Lexus LS430 and Audi A6.

EFFENDI
12-28-2004, 01:05 AM
While we are on the topic of factory systems....
Anyone else heard the Boston Acoustics premium system in the Chrysler 300C, for factory upgrade its pretty decent.

Lexus' Mark Levinson stuff, meh....

Also the Harman Kardon 5.1 setup in the BMW 745Li has excellent imaging IMHO.

I've heard that the new Mustang has a 10" sub upgrade option...can anyone confirm this?

Hopefully manufacturers will start to realize that consumers want decent sound quality at a reasonable price. $800 for an inferior Bose setup is by no means a solution.

squeak9798
12-28-2004, 10:52 AM
I haven't read this thread, so this may have been mentioned.......but I honestly would rather just purchase a car with no stereo in it then pay for something I'm just going to replace anyways. Saves the un-installation time and hassle as well.

ighettoboyi
12-29-2004, 09:09 PM
my friends new e320 has a 10" IB in the rear deck harmon system i believe, it's aight not worth the upgrade.

when it comes to ht, can anyone say tannoy??