PDA

View Full Version : Everything works but no sound

dru
12-18-2004, 10:34 PM
First I would like to say this forum is dope and has helped me with alot of my problems. But i finally joined to ask this question.

Anyways sometime last week my headunit (Clarion DXZ745MP) just stopped outputting sound out of no where. However, everything like the lights, radio, etc still work. I take out the hu and the cd is still spinning inside. Sometimes when Im driving though sound comes out for a song or two then the sound just dies again. So obviously my question is.. wtf is up with my HU?

btw there are no external amps and Im running a set of Crystal CSC60s components for the front and lil pioneer 4x6s for the rear. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

mudd
12-19-2004, 12:54 AM
My guess - blown speaker that's shorting out the amp in the deck. Start disconnecting one speaker at a time, see if the rest of them come back on.

percept
12-19-2004, 12:54 AM
i have a weird problem like that on my dxz835mp...except its just my rear speakers that don't work....any one got any answers?

KaeZoo
12-19-2004, 10:29 AM
i have a weird problem like that on my dxz835mp...except its just my rear speakers that don't work....any one got any answers?

I'm not sure, but I think some Preludes have a flaky amplified rear speaker system. If you're using stock wiring and a harness, you might have to try running new speaker wire to the rear speakers.

dru
12-19-2004, 10:59 AM
My guess - blown speaker that's shorting out the amp in the deck. Start disconnecting one speaker at a time, see if the rest of them come back on.

im going to try that after i come back home. it can be that since im running little 4x6s for the rear and comps for the front. any more help would be appreciated

just to clarify.. it has nothing to do with the internals of the hu right?

dru
12-19-2004, 03:10 PM
anyways new problem.

my hu does output sound but it puts out next to no sound at all.. i have my hu set at full volume and i can BARELY hear it.. i kno its there and every speaker is working but the sound is dead quiet.

mudd
12-19-2004, 09:42 PM
anyways new problem.

my hu does output sound but it puts out next to no sound at all.. i have my hu set at full volume and i can BARELY hear it.. i kno its there and every speaker is working but the sound is dead quiet.

Possibly factory amplified? What kind of car?

dru
12-20-2004, 12:32 AM
nope.. cant be factory amplified since my car is a 240sx base model so it didnt come with the amps found in the SE models

djjdnap
12-22-2004, 05:25 AM
internal amp might be blown

dru
12-22-2004, 11:58 PM
so if i get an external amp itll be all good?

mudd
12-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Have you tried trouble shooting by disconnecting the speakers one at a time yet? It's either that, or a bad amp in the deck (in which case, yes, and external amp would solve the issue by going through the pre-outs).

iceteebone
12-23-2004, 08:55 PM
doesn't that deck have a feature where you can shut off the internal amp? maybe that got shut off.

djjdnap
12-24-2004, 05:22 AM
i thought that was only on the alpine? it could be on this one also though.

dru
12-24-2004, 11:44 AM
wel i hooked up my sub and amp and they worked. so right now i just need an amp for my comps.. thanks guys

iceteebone
12-24-2004, 12:01 PM
i thought that was only on the alpine? it could be on this one also though.

according to sounddomain's description, the deck has an amplifier bypass circuit so i'm assuming that means you can shut off the internal amp. i wish pioneer had that feature :(