PDA

View Full Version : 8053 Security error

2kchevy06civic
12-18-2004, 01:29 AM
I just purchased an Eclipse 8053 from a local dealer. I just got finished installing it, and a security message pops up followed by numbers. The weird thing is, the h/u will still play music but none on the controls will work.

Now I know you are probably saying refer to the manual, well I don't have one atm. You see the local dealer I bought this h/u from had used the unit in a demo car and lost the box/everything inside it and is ordering me a new one. SO any help would be great I need it asap.

EDIT: basically someone with the manual plz speak up and I'll send you the error code number.

2kchevy06civic
12-18-2004, 03:24 AM
wow come on guys, I really would like some help here.

If someone has the manual please please just tell me what it is, I'll get the number again I just didn't write it down.

JLCivic
12-18-2004, 08:03 AM
Your manual won't help you. The first batch or 2 of 8443s/8053s had an ESN problem. When power was cut, they could lock up(kind of like what your deck is doing) even if ESN had not been programmed. The same thing happened to mine. The shop called Eclipse, got the rolling code, and unlocked my deck(whole thing took about 10 minutes). I received a new deck from Eclipse(that didn't have the problem) within 3 days.

Eclipse tech support is not open on weekends afaik. Since you just got the deck, I assume you still have the registration card. Take that with you to the shop, and have them fax it to Eclipse along with whatever other form they must complete so they can get the rolling code for your deck.

2kchevy06civic
12-18-2004, 01:54 PM
just being curious what does ESN mean...I tried googling it and didn't come up with much.

JLCivic
12-18-2004, 02:08 PM
just being curious what does ESN mean...I tried googling it and didn't come up with much.

I think there is some info on Eclipse's website. Basically, you program your deck with any cd you want. Then, whenever power is cut to the deck, you must insert that cd to "unlock" the deck again.

forbidden
12-18-2004, 03:47 PM
Eclipse Security Nework

2kchevy06civic
12-19-2004, 01:53 PM
oh ok, thanks for the help JL and Forbidden.. I am going to have to call Eclipse on Monday....this whole process has been a pretty bad experience...this is why I hate local dealers.....lol

ngsm13
12-19-2004, 01:58 PM
You got a great HU...i owned one for a while. Matter o fact...i still have the balanced out adapter if ur interested (16v pre-outs :))...PM me or aim: ngbd13 and we can talk. peace

NG

JLCivic
12-19-2004, 02:33 PM
oh ok, thanks for the help JL and Forbidden.. I am going to have to call Eclipse on Monday....this whole process has been a pretty bad experience...this is why I hate local dealers.....lol

Your dealer should help you with this. The deck is defective. Eclipse knows about it, and they rectified the problem in later runs from what I can tell(my replacement had zero problems and the only issues like this I still see on the forums are from people who bought old stock).

2kchevy06civic
12-19-2004, 02:42 PM
sooo the deck shouldn't do that security thing everytime power is lost? I thought that's how the security thing worked? and your saying it's defective? So what I should do, is take it back to the dealer, tell them to deal with it? and get a new one that doesn't have the problem b/c you said the early models were the ones with this problem. Is this all correct? or even makes sense haha