View Full Version : How Should I Hook These Up?

12-17-2004, 12:13 AM
After reading these boards I've decided not to install components in the rear of my 2000 Celica, but that leaves me with this question... how should I install the following components?

I will have SPR-176A component speakers for my front...

I already have a CDA-9835 head unit and I have a MRV-F340 amplifier.

Originally I was going to run the rear and front components off of the MRV-F340, but now since I'm not getting rear components, I have issues.

-Should I run the factory rear speakers off of the head unit alone?

-If I only use the amplifier to run the front speakers, will I be in danger of delivering too much power to the front components?

Thanks in advance,

12-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Don't worry about running anything to the rear speakers at all. Use the amp to run the front components, and turn down the gain if your scared about overpowering (or set it to the correct RMS rating of the speaker using the gain setting tutorial).

Also, the F340 is a 4 channel amp correct? Can you bi-amp your Type R components? (too lazy to go to alpine's site and see for myself)

12-17-2004, 01:04 AM
The amp is a 4/3/2 channel amplifier. I'm afraid I'm not really aware of all the terminology, so I don't know what bi-amping means.

Also, what do you mean by adjusting the "gain" ... is this something adjusted through the head unit or amplifier?

12-17-2004, 01:06 AM
Through the amplifier. It is the gain/level setting. Bi amping means being able to amp the tweeters and mids with different inputs. i.e running the tweets off of 2 channels and the mids off of 2 channels. The crossover design dictates if you can or not.

12-17-2004, 01:10 AM
Here is a link to product specifications:


Can you tell by this if the amplifier will allow bi-amping?

12-17-2004, 01:15 AM
its not the amp that will allow it, it is the components' crossover that will or not. I'll look it up, and let ya know to save further confusion.

12-17-2004, 01:17 AM
The crossover does not support bi-amping. Therefore just run two outputs of that amp to the crossover.