PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please!!!!!!!!!

elementskater15
12-15-2004, 07:44 PM
I picked up a Sony Xplod CDX-S2000 from Circuit City on Saturday and am experiencing an odd problem. I have two 10in. subs powered by a 380 watt Power Acoustics amp. When I am just listening to the radio, the subs work. When I put ina CD, the amp kicks off. Several people have told meto simply take it back to the store, but i think there may be something I can do to fix it. Any suggestions??????? My car is a '92 civic hatch if that helps. By the way, the subs say Daytona on them, which is a brand I have never heard of. Daytona may just be a certain model of some other brand??? If you cant tell, i know absolutely nothing about car audio. Anyhow, thanks for any help

urwhatueati8god
12-15-2004, 07:51 PM
There should be an option like "subwoofer: off, normal, rev." in the menu. PM sent.

jujumantb
12-15-2004, 07:56 PM
You might have the remote turn on wire hooked up to the power antenna, hence, when the raido is on, the power antenna wire gets power and the amp turns on, but when the radio is off, the power antenna doesnt have power and the amp turns off. Different decks have different behaviors for this and I dont know sony's but it could be a reason.

elementskater15
12-15-2004, 08:03 PM
You might have the remote turn on wire hooked up to the power antenna, hence, when the raido is on, the power antenna wire gets power and the amp turns on, but when the radio is off, the power antenna doesnt have power and the amp turns off. Different decks have different behaviors for this and I dont know sony's but it could be a reason.

Actually, my amp is hooked to my power antenna. I didn't know that it turned off whe i switched to the CD player, thanks. Know of any other palces to hook up the amp remote power or should i just find a place in the fuse box?

LBX2G
12-15-2004, 08:15 PM
there should be an other wire i think it is blue w/ white stripe........

elementskater15
12-15-2004, 08:17 PM
there should be an other wire i think it is blue w/ white stripe........

That's the power antenna wire on my car

LBX2G
12-15-2004, 08:24 PM
then it solid blue

elementskater15
12-15-2004, 08:36 PM
there is no solid blue wire (i just went outside with a flashlight to check cause you mentioned it). I think it would be best just to find a spot in the fuse box that becomes hot when the car is started. What do you think?

i3abyjay25
12-15-2004, 08:49 PM
if you just want a 12 volt power, the red wire on the back of radio will work....

elementskater15
12-15-2004, 08:54 PM
O.K., many thanks. I'll try that tomorow and if it doesnt work ill post again tomorow. Thanks for the help everybody.

LBX2G
12-15-2004, 08:56 PM
no there has to be. look in the manual. I will gooogle it so give me a few minutes....

elementskater15
12-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Wait, my bad. There is a solid blue wire, which is my power antenna. There is a blue wire with a white stripe in the H/U's harness, but there's not one in the car's harness. Does this seem odd????

KaeZoo
12-15-2004, 09:25 PM
Wait, my bad. There is a solid blue wire, which is my power antenna. There is a blue wire with a white stripe in the H/U's harness, but there's not one in the car's harness. Does this seem odd????

Not really. Why do you need one in your vehicle harness? It's not a factory amp.

bonesninja
12-15-2004, 09:29 PM
thats the wire you want the one in the h/u harness---thats the remote wire. and yes you could just pop it into the fuse box into an ignition controlled circuit.

LBX2G
12-15-2004, 09:45 PM
i knew it...... yeah hook it up to the blue w/ white stripe wire

elementskater15
12-15-2004, 10:02 PM
Alright, thanks. I'll just plug it into a fuse because i have to pull off part of my dash to access my harness. I'll just cut the amp wire, tape it and tuck it. Thanks again for the suggestions. Later.

Slody4Futbol
12-15-2004, 11:35 PM
why would you have to take your dash out? just use the keys that came with the radio and slide your radio back out... and pull your harness out with your radio...

mudd
12-19-2004, 01:02 AM
With Sony, light blue = cell phone mute (or the like). Blue with white is the remote on for your amps. Blue is the power antenna wire, only shows power with the radio on, not the CD.

EaC95z28
12-23-2004, 10:40 AM
solder the remote wire from the amp to the remote wire on the back of the deck. the wiringharness that plugs into the deck. blue/white is the remote, solder it to that wire and you are finished. dont have to worry about tapping into switched power at fuse box. did you have them install the subs and amp also or just the deck? if just the deck then thats why they didnt hook up the remote wire right or if they did, they mightve used the wrong wire.