PDA

View Full Version : Tweeter Placement

avistar23
12-13-2004, 09:31 AM
Hello guys, I have just ordered me a pair of kodas and i have for you two pictures of the door, one to show where the mid will be and one of the whole door panell.
I would like to know where the best location for the tweeter would be.

-Mike

http://img121.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img121&image=dscn08866et.jpg http://img121.exs.cx/img121/769/dscn09049pc.jpg

icemayne696
12-13-2004, 10:14 AM
I believe tweeters should be about dash high..So somewhere on the dash in the corners would be good. Dont take my word for it tho...

squeak9798
12-13-2004, 12:19 PM
General rule of thumb is to keep the tweeter as close to the mid as possible. Best thing to do is invest in some velcro, wire up the tweets and just start trying them in different spots.

IgnoreMe
12-13-2004, 12:27 PM
ive heard what squeak said a lot before. keep the tweeter near the mid, BUT i didnt do it on this particuluar setup i have now. my suggestion is putting the tweeter in that little area next to your power mirror adjuster. thats if your gonna flush mount. then just swivel the tweeter to any direction you want. or you can always make a little braket, and mount the braket right next to the mid. ive heard both setups, as ive had both, and i much prefer the tweeter up higher, as it brings the music up. or at leat it did for me, and thats the way i like my music to sound. again this is just my opinion, but i will also agree with squeak, have some velcro handy and dont be afraid to play around with it.

desi_daru
12-14-2004, 12:22 AM
^^^^ yup thas where i would also suggest, where the mirrors are, that lil corner piece. i have mine there and they sound good, but then again try the velcro idea maybe u would want them lower

Mark_ab
12-14-2004, 01:50 AM
A-pillar

IgnoreMe
12-14-2004, 02:44 AM
A-pillar
that was another idea that i had heard before. i would like to see how it sounds like that someday. might do it some other day if i get a new door panel or something lol

squeak9798
12-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Remember, the placement is going to be determined by a number of factors. There is no "right answer" to this question. You just need to play with the placement and decide which sounds best in your situation. What works in one car or one setup may not work in your car or setup.