PDA

View Full Version : Led lighting

eric77
12-09-2004, 12:04 AM
I think I am going to be getting some leds form http://www.lsdiodes.com/ They have all the leds, but i guess I need to run 4 led's in series to in order to get 12 volts and not blow them. I am going to be putting them in my box so could i run them in series if they were going to be in four different corners of a 16x30 box?
Also, to power them, should I just run some 26 awg wire to my battery or buy a distro block to put at the end of the 4 awg wire im installing and then run some 26 awg from the distro block to the leds? Thanks.

jellyfish420
12-09-2004, 12:10 AM
id just run them off the remote from the amp so that they are only on with the amp...or if you wanted to get spiffy use a relay off the remote...

brandontw
12-09-2004, 12:42 AM
runnign accesories off your remote wire can get iffy, i ran a neon off mine when i was into the pretty stuff, and it kept taking to much power and the amp would shut off, unpluged it and everything was fixed

eric77
12-09-2004, 12:49 AM
id just run them off the remote from the amp so that they are only on with the amp...or if you wanted to get spiffy use a relay off the remote...
What parts would I need to do this? A distro block? Thanks.

eric77
12-09-2004, 12:53 AM
runnign accesories off your remote wire can get iffy, i ran a neon off mine when i was into the pretty stuff, and it kept taking to much power and the amp would shut off, unpluged it and everything was fixed
Hmmm. That could be a problem. However, I heard that led uses less power than neon, so the problems you had with your neons could be nonexistant witht he leds. Anybody know for sure? Thanks.

almo181
12-09-2004, 03:37 PM
im not the greatest wirier but how do you hook leds to an amp???/

Nitropyro666
12-09-2004, 05:08 PM
well to answer almo181 take the + to the remote and the - to the - on the amp. i had 8g ran to an 800watt aura and ran a neon and 15ft of neon wire off of the rmote witht no difference at all. with this install i ran 2 remote wires one to the amp and on to a distro block. so i can hook whatever up and fuse it.
Danny

ANeonRider
12-09-2004, 05:13 PM
I'd prefer to use a relay over running all that off of an amp.