PDA

View Full Version : Best of the ~$50 6x9 speakers! I am looking for bass, your opinions?

Defconx3
12-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Hello guys,

I am setting up a quick factory upgrade for a 1999 Honda Civic. I am not planning on doing anything fancy (that will be done later for MY car :) ). The only things that I am trying to accomplish are: Replace HU and replace factory speakers ( which are 6.5" in the front and 6x9's in the back.

I already have the headunit, which is a Panasonic CQ-C5110U (25w RMSx4, max 50w). The 6.5" that I bought were the Pioneer TS-A1680R (paid $30 off of ebay).

Now, the only component that I need to buy is the 6x9's. I am looking for a speaker that would provide me with the best bass that I can get with it powered off of the headunit. The kicker is that I would like to keep the price around $50.00. (probably buy on ebay) I am fully aware that I should consider amping it for maximum volume/bass responce, but like I said, this is a very very temporary setup and I am probably only going to be using it for a month +1/2 a the most, so I want to keep the cost down as much as possible.

I am considering the Fosgate FFC69 and the Pioneer TS-A6980R's right now, leaning toward the pioneers. I know there has to be other better speakers suited towards my application, so I am asking for your guys' imput.

Any comments are welcome, thanks!

Defconx3
12-08-2004, 11:04 PM
(BTW, just so you guys know, by $50 for the speaker, I am referring to street price, not retail. $50 ebay/street price =$150-$200 retail)

Nobody has anything to say about the Fosgate FRC-4269 vs the Pioneer TS-A6980R?

Defconx3
12-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Bump

Anyone? :confused:

Unreal
12-09-2004, 06:48 PM
If its only for a month and 1/2, just save your money. No reason to buy temporary stuff when you plan to upgrade later, unless later is 2 years from now.

Masta GimP
12-10-2004, 12:40 AM
if you do decide to upgrade. i was impressed with my friends blaupunkts (see-thru blu cone) they don't have too much bass, but pretty clear highs and not harsh :thumbsup:

Sleeklsc
12-10-2004, 03:33 AM
If its only for a month and 1/2, just save your money. No reason to buy temporary stuff when you plan to upgrade later, unless later is 2 years from now.

x2...no need to waste money...just run your stocks

DrewV
12-10-2004, 08:28 PM
If you want some good speakers, get a pair of Cerwin-Vega HED-1693.

Amazing frequency range, amazing sound, amazing price. You'll be VERY surprised at the bass you get from these. I can ALMOST do without my sub. The speakers easily reach 90% of my sub's range, but don't quite have the punch or sheer volume that the sub provides, but it's really not bad at all. Of course, you have to give them a week or two to break in (they're pretty bright sounding initially), but after you break them in properly, you'll be amazed at the results.

Starting out, I did exactly what you want to do: get a pair of cheap speakers and upgrade later. So I bought the Cerwin-Vegas.

The problem is, I love these so much I would never get rid of them. Cerwin-Vega speakers are absolutely great. You don't hear much about them because people always talk about the flashy speakers they see in stores, or "trusted brands", or just what people regurgitate what they read online... "I haven't heard them, but I've read good things about xxxxxxx."

The C-Vs are the best money I've spent on car audio, hands down. And no, I'm not a C-V rep, I'm just a big fan of their speakers now after actually hearing them with my own ears.

Defconx3
12-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the reply's you guys, especially drewv. I already bought the pioneer's a day or two ago since I was not recieving any responces. I should be installing them soon (if **** fedex will come today like they are SUPPOSED to)

Anyone know how late fedex (ground) delivers?

req
12-11-2004, 07:10 AM
im sorry.