PDA

View Full Version : RE vs DLS vs CDT

NE14MX
12-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Ok I have been researching to get a set of 6.5 comps and have arrived at these 3 brands. The parameters I have set is that they can cost no more than $215 shipped. Was planning on using a 100w x2 amp.

Th RE RE costs $165 shipped, CDT has the CD 62i.20 for $215 shipped, I have seen DLS RS6 on here for $215 shipped.

I don;' know anyone that has these in their cars for me to compare so I've read a lot. The RE scares me somewhat because I've seen postings saying it is a very bright speaker. I don't really like bright or harsh speakers, plus I worry about the 100 x 2 amp going to a speaker rated at 50w. BUT, the price can't be beat and I'm not sure if I will able to tell a difference.

Everyone knows the CDT but I have heard many reports on here of the RE sounding better.

The DLS RS6 gets great reviews and doesnt seem to have the weaknesses of the other two. BUT, can I find it for $215 shipped?

I checked into other (Focal, Rainbow, Oz, etc. ) but they consistently fell out of my price range.

Thoughts? I want to buy within the next 2 days. Thanks

dflock
12-08-2004, 10:54 AM
http://stores.ebay.com/w-w-w-dimensionaudio-c-o-m_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm

This seller has DLS for a very good price on eBay. I didn't see the model you were looking for, but I'm sure you could contact them and they would let you know.

iceteebone
12-08-2004, 10:58 AM
if you are looking for good prices on dls you can hit up djdilliodon on aim.

squeak9798
12-08-2004, 11:40 AM
OZ Audio Vector series comps are definitely within your pricerange. Tplaya07 can get them for I believe $115 shipped.

Focals:
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=290&1=292&3=1807
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=290&1=292&3=1191

Rainbow:
http://www.speedsound.com/caraudio.asp?pg=products&specific=jncnqrmng

cdj
12-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Here are e-mail addresses for djdilliodon and Scott Buwalda respectively, either will do their best to help with the DLS speakers. Very good choice by the way!

[email protected]

[email protected]

audiolife
12-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Here are e-mail addresses for djdilliodon and Scott Buwalda respectively, either will do their best to help with the DLS speakers. Very good choice by the way!

[email protected]

[email protected]

whats that scott buwalda know anyways? lol jk if you are really interested in dls that is who i would ask too. he has prolly done everything but made coffee with speakers and could probably recomend a solution to your question that fits your budget. thing is if you do what he says dont do it half assed do exactly what he says and you will be happy

Unreal
12-08-2004, 09:53 PM
I'm 99% sure I'm going to get some DLS speakers now, but can't decide on which ones. The up6 or ur6. I guess I should just spend the extra $80 and get the better pair, because how often do you buy nice speakers.

icemayne696
12-11-2004, 09:23 AM
Good Thinking :clap:

Scarenius
12-11-2004, 01:02 PM
Squeak, you certainly recommend OZ Vectors a lot. Are they really just that good, or is it the low price tag?

djdilliodon
12-11-2004, 01:42 PM
to be honest depending where u stand in budget will help u in your choice between the dls and cdt set. i have heard all 3 of those sets the re's not enough where i can really say what they are capable of but on the lower end comp sets by cdt like ef has the dls sets beat. IMO the dls sets start really getting nice in UR or Iridium series but there lower end sets are better than most no doubt. If your looking at going ur6 u may want to look at the cdt es620 set as they can be had for the same price at this time which is a crazy deal! Also The cdt sets are more forgiving than the higher up dls sets as far as drop in installs. The cdt's sound pretty **** good right out of the box where as the dls sets need some break in time, tunning, and a proper install to get the best results.

Unreal
12-11-2004, 02:55 PM
I ordered a set of UR6s from DJdilliodon. Upgrading from CDT EFCFs with silk tweet and 560 crossovers.

What I need to look into now is what goes into a "proper" install. This hopefully is the last set of speakers that I'll be buying for a long time. I want to do the install once and do it correctly.

audiolife
12-11-2004, 03:17 PM
oz is a good speaker stright up. the first perfect 40 car had oz in it (pro tech too) then it went all oz. wouls play 20-20k with a set of there 6.5's set up like a coax. i used to rep oz too its very good stuff

supa_c
12-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Tplaya07 sells the DLS MS6 for 225 shipped, you wont find the URS6's for $215
The same ones i have in the Integra

NE14MX
12-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I made my decision and they're on their way. Now I gotta get the doors ready for the install.