PDA

View Full Version : Meter anywhere in upstate NY? (ROC)

Strecker25
12-06-2004, 11:18 PM
anyone who lives around here (i know of a couple) know anywhere who has a mic for public use (for a fee im sure)

im in greece specifically, but anywhere within half hour - 45 minutes is fine with me

req
12-06-2004, 11:49 PM
i would love to get on a mic once i get all my enw stuff installed

an RTA and somoene with expierence would be of great importance.

im in syracuse

Strecker25
12-06-2004, 11:59 PM
req if you find somewhere around you or within a reasonable distance from either of us let me know, and if its sometime spring or later maybe we could meet there or whatever to see what we each drop.

(gotta wait till spring cus i got components, hopefully new alt, and bunch of deadening coming)

VOA_NIGHTMARE
12-07-2004, 03:26 AM
well add me to the list. I heard a friend of mine said he has someone in syracuse with one. I told him to check into it for me. And I live right between u guys. So you guys can meet here in the middle. I have met forman from here and he lives in rochester. Great guy. I am glad I met up with him from this. I am game for a meet for all of us that are close if you guys want.

req
12-07-2004, 09:22 AM
sounds cool to me. but i need a new care before i can show off my stuff. ill still bring it all and let you guys see it. but i dont wanna waste my time on my junky car.

unless everyone in the country donates $0.25 to me so i can go to college and get a new car. that would be sweet.

294,923,093 x .25= $73,730,773.25

id be rich.

population estimate was taken from the us govt http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/popclock

btnhfan
12-07-2004, 03:46 PM
Does anyone know of any in lower NY or CT? Im trying to find one, but all the shops near me **** and none have anything or do anything. None have oscilloscopes or even make cars to compete.

req
12-07-2004, 04:12 PM
my local shop has a truck with *i think* two or four 18 solo-x's

i dont know if it competes or it just sits there though.

VOA_NIGHTMARE
12-07-2004, 04:49 PM
your talking about IU??? theres 2 18's and i think 12 amps in there and like 8 bats. I had a friend that was a manager there but he left there to go to that new automall place and does the eclipse shop there.

req
12-07-2004, 05:11 PM
yea i knew it was eaither 2 or 4, but if you got 2 soloX's than it dosnt matter does it ;)

they were powered (last i knew) by the old RF amps that were black with the grinded fins - kinda shaped like this - / \

they sandblasted them and polished them chrome. the boxes were made of welded diamond plate.

i never saw anything else because it was lifted and like 6 feet off the ground. :p:

i saw it at the parkinglot of liverpool highschool football game once. i guess some kids dad owns the place. whatever :p: IU ***** mehballs. even though they are a DEI retailer ^_^

Strecker25
12-07-2004, 06:51 PM
i have such a limited selection of shops its my area :(

but since we got a couple guys ill see if i can ask around and if anyone finds a mic within reasonable drive, definetly let me know i wanna see what i can pull out of my car since id like to get into some comps if im worthy.

Loudrango112
12-25-2004, 05:39 PM
I live Near Rochester.. (I really live in webster Area) BUT you used to be able to go to The Roc Communication, but they "put it away for the winter" I was SO PISSED. NOW even madder cause I have my XXX comeing soon.

But if you find anything in the Rochtester Area LET ME KNOW

AIM- Ecko072unltd

Strecker25
12-25-2004, 06:25 PM
was it ROC on ridge? theyre a decent place i guess even tho they wouldnt give me a job lol

any idea what mic it was? and did they charge?

bumpncarstereo
01-30-2005, 10:42 AM
ecko used a meter at auto acessory world (in henn) but i think he said it cost him $30

req
01-30-2005, 12:46 PM
yea, i would really liked to have heard the diamonds and the viper. looks like a good setup.

sorry i missed ya VOA, but i got there at 12:30 like they told me to be there, and i left when everyone else had to go cuz i had 80 miles to drive :p:

im seriously interested in doing it again sometime this summer when i get my saturn put together a little more.

VOA_NIGHTMARE
01-30-2005, 03:30 PM
you met me there :0) I had the kickers in the trooper :0) then we talked in CC

SPL140.2
03-05-2005, 03:14 AM
Theres a shop in oswego, Ultimate Edge, shop in Potsdam, Northern Music and Video. Chris Mcvay (Ultimate Edge) one of the spl winners at the IASCA finals works their. Team XSS (NorthernMV) 2nd in spl at IASCA finals. They have a meter but they may charge to use it. Or go to www.splmeter.com I have heard how great this meter is, I heard its very close to a termlab but only goes up to 150db's.

VOA_NIGHTMARE
03-05-2005, 03:58 AM
thanks for all that info oswego is only 45 min from me i am goning to check them out some time, thanks again

SPL140.2
03-05-2005, 04:30 AM
thanks for all that info oswego is only 45 min from me i am goning to check them out some time, thanks again

Welcome :) Oswego has lot of events this year check it out iasca.com

VOA_NIGHTMARE
03-05-2005, 09:18 AM
ok cool I will do that you live close to there as well?

bumpncarstereo
03-05-2005, 09:22 AM
roc ppl lets all road trip to use the meter, if maybe a few of us go we can get a group rate,

SPL140.2
03-05-2005, 03:02 PM
ok cool I will do that you live close to there as well?

Im bout 2 1/2 hours away, closer to potsdam, but ill be attending some events in oswego, ill be attending all the events in potsdam and have to attend a regional which im pretty sure its in syracuse. I have to get so many points to get an invitation to the finals. The last event i attended in oswego it was like in middle october and 40 degrees out, it was cold. All the guys their are very nice and helpful but like ny'rs crazy=fun lol.

Bluntman420
03-29-2005, 05:40 AM
there is also Sound Factory in Rome....

req
03-29-2005, 09:03 AM
bluntman - you mean that little *** shop across the road and down a little from pizzahut on the blvd? they have a SPL meter?

that building is like (looks like) the size of my garage. maybe ill stop in today durring lunch because i work in rome.

just to clarify, its that white building with the flourscent window paint?

ive passed that many times ... never even thought about it :)

Bluntman420
04-05-2005, 03:09 AM
yeah thats the place....i called and they said it was $5