PDA

View Full Version : Need some fiberglass help

btnhfan
12-06-2004, 02:15 AM
Where can I buy fiberglass other than home depot and autozone? Like paint supply stores, or online stores? They only sell the bondo brand, and I was looking to get some kitty hair and rage gold. Thanks.

Gauntlet
12-06-2004, 02:31 AM
Kitty Hair is a pain to work with...Bondo has a body filler that is pretty much the same thing, both have fiberglass strands in it. If you're just using it to build up the surface a little bit and make it smooth, I'd suggest something like 3M's lightweight body filler or the Rage Gold you mentioned. Easier to apply and much easier to sand.

You can get Rage here (http://www.selectproducts.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/page1.html)

btnhfan
12-06-2004, 02:34 AM
Thanks. Is there any type of resin I should get in paticular, or is the bondo resin and hardner okay? I am going to make an amp rack, and I want it to be done right. Also should I get any paticular type of mat/cloth?

Nikuk
12-06-2004, 06:08 PM
find a ship yard, boating store, boat dealer/reseller/repair facility.

Gauntlet
12-06-2004, 08:17 PM
Thanks. Is there any type of resin I should get in paticular, or is the bondo resin and hardner okay? I am going to make an amp rack, and I want it to be done right. Also should I get any paticular type of mat/cloth?

The stuff from Home Depot will be fine. I'd pick up some mat and cloth, and make a test piece with both to see which one you like working with more.