PDA

View Full Version : alpine is okay

lsufan778
12-06-2004, 12:36 AM
Some of you may be aware of the many problems I am having with my stereo that I blamed on my cda-9825 because my problems began after it was installed. AND although I did somewhat bash Alpine for all of the problems I was having with my stereo (that still haven't been resolved), I have learned that it was not a bad install, well sort of, and there is nothing wrong with my Alpine cda-9825. It turns out the real reason my speakers make static noise, sound extremely loud and distorted at volume 5, and I can't hear my sub is because the geniouses that installed my Head init didn't realize that there are no amps in the OEM head unit. The amps are located in the rear of the vehicle. The supposed PROFESSIONAL INSTALLERS @ CIRCUIT CITY FORGOT to BYPASS the factory amps. My Bostons were and are still being dual amplified. This explains the noise, the volume, and the lack of output from the sub. So after countless free visits back at Circuit City and countless shop fees elsewhere I myself have finally figured out my problem. AHHH, THOSE MORONS!

My stereo is the factory clarion and not bose system. But on install dr. and on pathfinder forums I've read about the factory amp located behind the passenger rear panel. Now the challenge is to bypass the factory amps. What an undertaking. Any suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry I accidentally posted in the wrong section.

Black_Jesus
12-06-2004, 12:41 AM
we know... we know :)

its ok, you wont get flamed... not from me anyway :) lol

how to bypass factory amps? get new speaker wire from hu to speakers... monster cable! =P