PDA

View Full Version : XM radio for alpine CDA-9827

slack
12-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Sup guys, this xmas i want XM radio. I have the cda-9827 which has the inbuilt xm controls, but all i need is the tuner.

in my 9827 manual, it says i need the TUA-T021XM tuner. Ive been looking around on ebay and whatnot and i can only find the TUA-T020XM. im wondering if that would still work with my head unit.

any help would be appreciated

jb2xx
12-05-2004, 03:59 PM
If it's going to be Alpine brand what you want, good luck. I am still looking for one as well. Call crutchfield. Think Alpine is lagging on that not sure why.

valeech
12-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Alpine is supposed to release their adaptor cable for the TERK universal XM tuner. The combo is supposed to cost around $100. I have heard this for months though and they always push back on the date. I got fed up and went and bought the Sirius package. The Model number you want is the SIR-ALP1. Everyone will tell you that you have to have a 2004 model HU. They are WRONG. I have heard this from Crutchfield and a couple of local installers. I called an Alpine tech and he said they do work. So I went and bought one, and it works great!

Took me about 15 minutes to install and activate. Don't wait on XM, get Sirius now...

slack
12-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Alpine is supposed to release their adaptor cable for the TERK universal XM tuner. The combo is supposed to cost around $100. I have heard this for months though and they always push back on the date. I got fed up and went and bought the Sirius package. The Model number you want is the SIR-ALP1. Everyone will tell you that you have to have a 2004 model HU. They are WRONG. I have heard this from Crutchfield and a couple of local installers. I called an Alpine tech and he said they do work. So I went and bought one, and it works great!

Took me about 15 minutes to install and activate. Don't wait on XM, get Sirius now...

so is there a way to get sirius to work with my head unit? cuz my dad wants to get sirius. I dont really care, i just wanted XM because it is integrated into my head unit.

i also found a universal tuner

http://www.xmfanstore.com/showproduct.php?id=xmdirectam

it says the alpine set up wont be ready till december of 04 and it is december of 04!!!

anybody know anythign about that

slack
12-05-2004, 04:21 PM
****** i found the sirius tuner for alpine. my head unit is a 2004 so it should work. I think ill just end up getting this. The XM stuff for alpine seems to expensive

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-tvW7Ajuoapz/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=176850&I=607SIRALP1

valeech
12-05-2004, 06:53 PM
exactly! For $80 I got Sirius versus more than $100 for XM. Plus Alpine has said that the XM stuff will be out since 10/03. I doubt it will be out this month.

I have a cda-9811 and it works fine. You won't be disappointed.

slack
12-05-2004, 07:21 PM
awesome man thx