PDA

View Full Version : question about sub wall in my Durango

NeverEnuffBass
12-04-2004, 06:01 PM
I have 4 12" Kicker Comp VRs in my Durango right now. I'm going to redo everything for competition next year. I'd like to do a wall using 6 12" Comp VRs. Each two will be wired at 1ohm to 3 Memphis 1000D. I know I can fit them in the car ported but I think if they are aiming forward towards the windshield it will be good for SPL competition but sound like crap when I'm driving around. If the wall is aimed towards the rear hatch, it will block most of the air pressure in the back and wouldn't be as loud in competition. Am I wrong about this? Please leave me any suggestions you have about this wall.

davesexplorer
12-05-2004, 07:04 PM
If you are building a true wall and sealing it off, do subs and port forward....

NeverEnuffBass
12-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the info. I don't think I'll be completly be sealing it off from the rear of the car only because i don't want to ruin my interior anymore than I already have. Should I aim them at the tailgate then? How do you think they would sound aimed forward and not completely sealed off? I drive this car everyday and usually blast the system so it would have to sound somewhat decent.

woahloud
12-06-2004, 11:43 AM
Wall it off. Port to the front.

Spkrman
12-06-2004, 12:50 PM
lol you got a 'rango.. stay in street - keep in in the hatch! You got a ton of space back there.

Walls take alot of time, money, and skill.