PDA

View Full Version : Infinity or Alpine?

chris203
12-03-2004, 02:04 AM
Hey, first post here, and I am considering buying a new headunit and speakers for my Eldorado for X-mas. I need 6 1/2s in front and 6x9s in the rear. I would like to do components in the front. I am stuck deciding between Infinity Perfect 6 1/2s in the front and Infinity Kappa 6x9s in the rear, or Alpine Type R 6 1/2 Components in front and Alpine Type R 6x9s in the rear. Which sound better? They will be run off an Alpine CDA-9835 headunit with the V-Drive amp. I will be amping them later on when I get the money. Thanks for your opinions.

-Chris

IgnoreMe
12-03-2004, 02:06 AM
having heard the type r's im gonna have to say they sound real nice IMO. go with the type r's i think off a amp that puts out a decent wattage. btw i have heard them off HU and an amp. amp is a lot better but the HU can hold you over decently enough till you can amp them.

themainjam
12-03-2004, 02:15 AM
i agree pretty nice without amp but way better with.....

liar2
12-03-2004, 02:44 AM
Wow.. this is pretty much the same question I have been asking myself. But I think the alpines will do much better than the infinitys. However, I do like the infinitys too.

themainjam
12-03-2004, 02:49 AM
well if you guys are interested in the type Rs then check out the type X's.... crutchfield had them for really cheap and few weeks back!.

supa_c
12-03-2004, 03:00 AM
Eldos are so pimp.
im gonna get 1 eventually.
Do you really need 6x9's ?....rear fill is...well...a waste of money.
Why are you stuck on Infinity's and Alpines ?
P.S
If you have any pics of the Eldo PM me, id like to see them

IgnoreMe
12-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Eldos are so pimp.
im gonna get 1 eventually.
Do you really need 6x9's ?....rear fill is...well...a waste of money.
Why are you stuck on Infinity's and Alpines ?
P.S
If you have any pics of the Eldo PM me, id like to see them
yea some people just cant get over the idea that if there are 4 speakers holes, they all need to be filled. i used to think that too until i got a strong frontstage. my opinion changed quite quickly. i will also say my friend who isnt even into car audio said my system sounded better when i had only the speakers in front playing...so i would agree with supa and say ditch the rear speakers. BUT, if you really want them im not gonna tell you how to listen to your music ;)

chris203
12-05-2004, 11:42 PM
The reason I want to get speakers in the back is because I have two TVs in the back and I need to hear the audio from them when I'm watching TV in the back seat.

supa_c
12-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Dont waste your money on 6x9's, just get some cheap 6 1/2's back there.
You fit those 5x7's in the Burb, so putting 6 1/2's in the Eldo wont be hard at all.
Type S coaxials off the H/U, no need for an amp :)