PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help!

Soccerguy
12-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Hey guys I came on this site looking for some info. I have an 05 dodge ram single cab and want to upgrade everything. I know what size speakers are in the doors etc... I know that 6 1/2's will sound better than 6x9's but I'm on a budget. I'm probably going to run either the alpine 9831 or 9833 and am looking for a good set of speakers(6x9's) to run off of it. I don't like real bright highs as in mb quart. I also plan on running a jl 10w3 in a sealed box and am not sure which amp to use yet with that. Any help is appreciated.

reed8857
12-02-2004, 09:36 PM
Ok...I will hit you up before the rest do... What is affordable? You will likely need am amp to power any "good set of speakers" (just going off what I have been told) Are you asking about the rear or front I imagine the fronts....read good things about focal, Alpine type x, DA, Image Dynamics. Oh yeah, you might wanna do a search.

Soccerguy
12-02-2004, 11:56 PM
Ok...I will hit you up before the rest do... What is affordable? You will likely need am amp to power any "good set of speakers" (just going off what I have been told) Are you asking about the rear or front I imagine the fronts....read good things about focal, Alpine type x, DA, Image Dynamics. Oh yeah, you might wanna do a search.

I want to use head unit power to drive them. I dont have the cash to buy a 4 channel amp at this point. I'm on a budget. Not sure how much. I'm looking for options.

reed8857
12-03-2004, 12:28 AM
I dont know much and am prob the wrong person to ask but I asked this question (can my pp 860 power componets or speaker) resoundingly the answer was a no. So I would (mind you i am no expert) wait until you can get an amp cuz your not gonna get better qaulity.