PDA

View Full Version : School Project

almo181
12-01-2004, 11:38 PM
I building this box in woods class; http://www.decware.com/whorn.htm
So iwas wondering to ocver the one side what kinda a material could you use that is claer (see through) i was thinking acrylic plastic. How think does it need to be and around how much?? Also are visionik subs any good??? ANd is a Ultra Linear Amp any good?? To see there stiif juts type there names in google.
thanks

vosschs
12-01-2004, 11:48 PM
umm i would use plexiglass, and why not just go with the rockfords it was made for?

almo181
12-01-2004, 11:50 PM
WIll do Rockfords are good, ANd i got some money, And thanks for yourhelp

AznRevlAzn
12-02-2004, 09:23 AM
very impressive mang! So far thats the mose impressive box i have seen in a while.

BassAce
12-02-2004, 03:57 PM
Man, those horn loaded enclosures can get very loud. I seen someone with a Dayton audio 10" subwoofer (shielded) that's for ~$30 and handles 80w rms he was powering one 10" off of his head unit (pioneer) and putting a maximum spl off ~126 db. IMO, I think designing these are a little more difficult than your standard sealed or ported.

Oh yea does anyone know of a program(free) to design these, does bassbox 6 have the hornload design feture?

joeldirt
12-04-2004, 07:42 PM
Have you thought about Audiobahn immortal or eternal series subs? They owuld be tight in that box. Ebay has some great prices too. Scope it out I think oyu would agree since oyu are showing off the subs... really show off some bad *** ones. That are built to sound as good.... if not better then they look. That is if you could power them. Immortals run at 2000 rms. I have one in my g/f's civic. No one believes that there is just one twelve.... until I show them and they are blown away. Audiobahn is awsome for apeal and sound with the subs and amps anyway. I think that box would look and perform amazingly with those subs. Every one has thier favorites though. That is just mine. Good luck with the project man.