PDA

View Full Version : Newb Question

HeatSeeker
12-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Hey everyone, I have a question about rear speakers in a sound system. I'm getting a 03 mustang gt soon and I'm looking for a system to go with it. Anyways one of my friends told me that if I have good comp speakers in the front, and subs in the back, that the subs would probably drown out the back speakers anyways. Can anyone clear this up for me? Sorry if this seems like common knowledge, I've just recently started getting into this kinda stuff. Thanks in advance for any help.

193dBman
12-01-2004, 01:59 PM
I reckon if they subs were loud enough they'd cancel out most of the sound from the back. But if you had some nice speakers in the rear with a lil power goin to them i dont think they would. I'm runnin 4 speakers in the rear of my truck and 2 in the front with 2 15's in the back and i can still hear my rear stage clearly.

nosaj070
12-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Many people prefer not to have rear fill. I would recomned getting comps first, installing them and tweaking them, if you feel you are still missing something, toss in some rear speakers, but you won't want themt urned up very high, I guess barely enough so your back passengers don't *****. Your subs shouldn't drown them out that much and most of your non sub bass frequncies will be coming from comps anyway.

HeatSeeker
12-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Alright thanks, just the response I was looking for. Guess I'll just get the comps and subs first and see how I like em. Now the tough part deciding which ones I wanna get.....