PDA

View Full Version : No factory tweeter location...

OdieTRP
12-01-2004, 11:28 AM
...in a 2002 Hyundai Elantra; I have Type X Comps. Where would be the best place to mount them? I'm not sure which method to use either. There's flush, swivel and surface.

IgnoreMe
12-01-2004, 12:45 PM
depends on what you wanna do with your car. i think the flush mount looks f-ing sweet in my car, and it helps bring the music up now it sounds like its in front of me insted of beign closer to my thighs

edit: should of said i got mine right in the door panel above my power window controls. you could do them in the A pillar as well. anything you do must make sure its not too close to your ears. i remember reading on here that you should keep them at least 12" away from you, not sure to the validity of that but it seems like a good idea.

193dBman
12-01-2004, 02:08 PM
My mom has an elantra station wagon but i think its like 99 or 98. I'de defenintly put them in the flush mounts. And put them in the dash facing towards the windsheild. Just my 2 cents though.

squeak9798
12-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Where you mount them is completely car dependent. Go to Home Depot and get some Velcro. Start just trying out different places...low on the door by the mid, A-pillars, etc etc. General rule of thumb is to make sure they are no further than half the diameter of the mid away from the mid (if you have a 6.5" mid, then 3.75"). Again, that's *general* and definitely doesn't apply in every situation. And generally it's best if they are not in a reflective enviorment (on top of the dash aiming at the windshield would probably be a bad idea)