PDA

View Full Version : confused is this a dumb idea?

LooKin4Boom
12-01-2004, 02:32 AM
my dront dooe speakers are hard to get into and room is tight. i dont think i have the skill yeat to make custom fiberglass kickpanels. i have an 02 ford taurus so the front has a small middle seat that folds out into a armrest and cup holders. my idea was to have a box built into the center council with a 3 way speaker facing towards the driver and passenger and a component set faced straight up. is this a dumb idea? for some reason i think might sound nice while disconnecting my stock speakers and mounting a tweeter somewhere on the door to get the al around sound effect? im new at the whole speaker thing the most i have ever done is change my rear deck speakers. if this is a dumb idea what are some other options i have...

ANeonRider
12-01-2004, 02:49 AM
dumb idea, and would sound like crap too.

audiolife
12-01-2004, 03:17 AM
if you are worried about fiber glass you can probably make baffle board kicks from wood. cut out shape to fit then screw down 1 peice of wood in most applications.

squeak9798
12-01-2004, 11:54 AM
You can make the "poor man's kicks" :D Make a wood baffle to hold the speakers, and rough up the edges. Tape off your kickpanel area. Sit the baffle (with speakers) in the kickpanel area with towels wrapped around the rear of the midwoofer. Turn and aim till you find the combo that works/sounds best. Then you can use wire mesh and judicious amounts of Bondo to fill in the area around the baffle, so it flows smoothly into the kickpanel area.