PDA

View Full Version : My speaker setup your opinions

Zerim
12-01-2004, 02:00 AM
Alright so after extensive research for some 6.5's i decided to go with RE's in the front and JL Xr 5x7's in the rear i know i dont need a rear fill but i have them so why not and the amp i think im gonna go with is PG 5.0:4 which will send 80x4 this is all going in a eagle talon (98) with 2 w3v2 12's in the trunk i have everything execpt the amp and the 6.5's so any opinions or suggestions or thoughts are greatly wanted love to hear from you guys and thanks for your time :angel:

CHeYeNNe
12-01-2004, 09:47 AM
Do a search for PG amps. I've not seen to many good things said about them. People are having problems with them.

iceteebone
12-01-2004, 09:51 AM
Do a search for PG amps. I've not seen to many good things said about them. People are having problems with them.

i don't know what your reading :rolleyes: but the xenon amps aren't too great. search ebay for some tantrum series if you want to stick with PG. i hear those re components are decent. i would still ditch the rear fill if i were you. just try it without and then if you really want it, add it. another 4-channel amp to consider is a us acoustics 4085.

CHeYeNNe
12-01-2004, 10:02 AM
The amp he is talking about (Models)I did a search to see what people had to say and read about problems with them. I read it on diff forums, MIGHT of even been this forum. Not sure as I read a few diff forums. :moon: :D

MValley70
12-01-2004, 12:42 PM
I don't know anything about the newer amps....look like they are going more for looks than performance just by looking at them.....marketing them to the 2 Fast and 2 Furious crowd

But other than that PG amps before those are solid as a rock.....Tantrum and TI series are nice....the older ZX series is the same as the Ti.....

I myself just bought a 475ti to power my RE comps and Koda sub in the rear.....they look **** good too....look up some older PG stuff on ebay.....top quality

Scott, SC

MValley70
12-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Also....it is cool to have rear fill.....esp if there are people in the back seat....if they can fit back there in a Talon.....Fade the sound up to the front and then center it again.....see which you like better

Scott, SC

Zerim
12-02-2004, 03:28 PM
hey thanks for all the info guys ill start lookin at new amps i didnt know the new PG's wernt as good thanks for pointing that out all keep the suggestions and opinions coming